wahoo pitch bending algorithm on the voluume please

For the Voluum™ Digitally-Controlled Analogue Volume Effects Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

NWeiland

wahoo pitch bending algorithm on the voluume please

Post by NWeiland »

could this be used on the voluume as a new firmware update so i can add it to the compressor to make bent notes sustain while i keep unbent notes uncompressed.
james
Site Admin

Re: wahoo pitch bending algorithm on the voluume please

Post by james »

It's certainly a nice idea... perhaps the "bend" could act like the pedal when the compressor is pedal-controlled. Then the more you bend, the more compressed the sound.

However, I am not sure if there is enough processing power available to do this... the Voluum uses a quite a lot to drive all the effects. We will have to investigate.
NWeiland

Post by NWeiland »

james wrote:It's certainly a nice idea... perhaps the "bend" could act like the pedal when the compressor is pedal-controlled. Then the more you bend, the more compressed the sound.

However, I am not sure if there is enough processing power available to do this... the Voluum uses a quite a lot to drive all the effects. We will have to investigate.
please do keep me posted would be a great feature that alot of guitar players would love. it would give the pedal alot more versatility to be able to do that.

i was more thinking on the lines of the envelope could do it. so its automatic. but if the pedal could be used in conjunction with the envelope. as in using the pedal to determine how much compression you want that would be freakin sweet.
JamieB

Post by JamieB »

Jeeze Nick thanks for stealing my idea (its not as if i asked you to post the message on here or anything ;P ) i actually e-mailed you guys about this a few months ago but never got a reply , since nick got his voluum today i asked him to post - i was also wondering if this feature could be applied to the tremolo function for a subtle faux vibrato on bends..

heres my original message

"
Jamie Bxxxxx <xxxxxxx@googlemail.com> (i blanked out my email ..im not a complete dope :P)
Oct 24

to John
thanks for that john, much appreciated.

also this thought popped into my head, does the voluum have the capability to utilize your pitch tracking software, like the whaoo and the g2m/b2m/i2m - as far as i can tell this is not implemented in the volume but if it could be it would be a very very cool feature upgrade - i.e bend up and have the compressor kick in for increased sustain on bends - as well as faux vibrato by pitch tracking the trem (i understand this is just volume fluctuation hence the term faux vibrato)

although this would not be as flashy as the pitch tracking on the wahoo - i.e it seems like a lesser selling feature it would actually be incredibly useful in the right situation and i think if it is possible you should seriously consider it (as long as its not too much work to implement)

many thanks"
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Jamie,

Sorry we didn't reply to your email. I didn't see it myself, but nevertheless, we should have replied. That's for posting it again here.

Pitch-bend to control vibrato was also requested for the Wahoo... I can certainly see the beauty of this for tremolo.

We will certainly look at the possibility of adding this, but it won't be until next year. The music industry's most important trade show (The NAMM Show) is in January and we've all got lots to get done before then!
JamieB

Post by JamieB »

thats no problem i completely understand, its a busy time of year (good luck with namm) are you guys going to be at musicmesse this year?? i manage to get over every now and then and would be cool to come say hi if you are. i just thought adding the pitch tracking would be awesome, boosted, compressed, tremolo'd bends ect could provide some MORE really unique functionality to your product ..unfortunately i haven't laid my hands on one yet but dont fret its on the list :D
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Yes, we should be at Musikmesse in 2015. Would be great to see you... please contact us nearer the time so we don't miss you.