Set auto on position?

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

Flamula

Set auto on position?

Post by Flamula »

Hi,

Am loving the Wahoo so far, just wondering, I've set it up (via the desktop editor software) to “On/off (toe)” so it switches on automatically when I rock the pedal forward and then off again when I leave it in the heel down position. (for user info :- I found 0.4 "effect off time" to be effective for me when using this "effect enable" setting, long enough for slower full travel wah sections, short enough to walk away and let the bypass kick in without worrying I'm still filtered)

So this is all great, now I don't know whether it's possible to set the position at which the wah is switched on, but the default seems a little high on travel for me (there's a good couple of centimetres forward arc at the toe) before the wah kicks in, and I'd like to make this "effect on" point a little closer to the heel down position. I can't find where I might do this - is it possible?
james
Site Admin

Re: Set auto on position?

Post by james »

Great to hear you're loving the Wahoo!

It's not possible to adjust the pedal position where the Wahoo switches on. But I've added this to our list of feature requests so hopefully we can include it in a future firmware update.

Also, make sure the pedal is calibrated correctly, just in case it's a bit off and it's making the on position different to what was intended.
Flamula

Post by Flamula »

Thanks James, yeah it really is a glorious wah, the sound is phenomenal and the tweakability astounding.

Meanwhile - I'm fairly sure the calibration is okay, it sounds exactly as it should and I can see the full range of wah sweep in the software when I move the pedal back and forth.

I don't have it in front of me at the moment but when I was doing some playing around last night regarding the auto on function, the point the pedal kicked in was at about 20% of the forward sweep, and more crucially it would start the effect at this frequency range rather than the full heel back position (by design). It would then go to 100% and back to 0% at the heel (I'm using the default frequency sweep that the stock wahoo patch is set to) and it behaves exactly as intended.

I really like to hear the full range of it from my initial "effect on" so I guess this can be done a couple of ways, by having the initial "effect on" motion having it's own (0-100%) temporary calibration beginning at the "effect on" point (20% of global) and then reverting to normal operation, which may sound more convincing. Or simply allowing the "effect on" point to be moved nearer the heel to make no really audible difference. Either way I would certainly make use of the feature so many thanks for considering it in a future update.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

I like the idea of temporarily modifying the calibration so that the "on" position is effectively at 0%. Will have to play with it to see if it feels right, but conceptually, it seems like the right thing to do. Also added to the list!