Wahoo acting up in pedal chain on OD channels

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

StevenGraham

Wahoo acting up in pedal chain on OD channels

Post by StevenGraham »

My Wahoo has never given me problems before, as I use to play it on a fender twin. Now I own a Marshall JVM410H, and again, on the clean channel, I noticed no issues. However, once I switch over to any one of the crunch or OD channels, it's an immediate hissing static, almost like the sound made by clenching your teeth and trying to suck air through. I've noticed that putting the Wahoo in a pedal chain just makes the feedback even worse, as to even become faintly audible on the clean channel, and on the dirty channels it's an uttering screech so bad I have to turn the pedal off. I always keep it first in the chain, and I've even tried running the pedals through the effects loop, with and without the Wahoo (without meaning I just had the Wahoo going through the front of the amp) and still there was tons of static and noise, only made worse by the dirty channels.
Has anyone else had trouble putting the Wahoo in a chain, or using it on a high gain amplifier? If so, did you find a solution?
Thank you!
-S.G.
james
Site Admin

Re: Wahoo acting up in pedal chain on OD channels

Post by james »

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

I've made a quick recording for you to compare. This is the Wahoo on preset F00. The first part is on the clean channel: guitar, then guitar + Wahoo, then Wahoo on it's own. The second part is a similar thing but on a high-gain channel.

http://www.sonuus.com/downloads/temp/Wa ... is_F00.wav

Are you getting similar to this, or much worse? If its worse, maybe you can email me a recording so I can listen to it? I've sent you a PM with the email address to use.
axton

Re: Wahoo acting up in pedal chain on OD channels

Post by axton »

I always keep it first in the chain, and I've even tried running the pedals through the effects loop, with and without the Wahoo (without meaning I just had the Wahoo going through the front of the amp) and still there was tons of static and noise, only made worse by the dirty channels.
Nawaz