Voluum power specs

For the Voluum™ Digitally-Controlled Analogue Volume Effects Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

JamieB

Voluum power specs

Post by JamieB »

Hi james,

hope namm went well, im still organizing my ideas and suggestions for the midi end (and more) its turned into multiple a4 pages of ideas so i will probably just email you a pdf in the near future but i was wondering if you could provide me with the power spec for the voluum for example is it safe to run it of 12v as standard or is it strictly 9v - and also whats the minimum milliamp draw?

many thanks

jamie
james
Site Admin

Re: Voluum power specs

Post by james »

NAMM was very good for us. Thanks for asking.

Voluum power is up to 500mA at 9V. Typically, more like 300-400mA. A lot depends on the LED brightness.

12V will be ok as long as the supply is well-regulated to ensure there aren't fluctuations above 12V. Also don't set the LED brightness too high with supplies above 9V because the brightness regulation circuits will get hotter (default setting of 40 should be fine).
JamieB

Post by JamieB »

Thanks james,

that helps alot i was looking at maybe getting the cioks eventide powerfactor 2 but i was unsure weather or not the voluum would be ok on a 12v outlet, pedal board power supplies are a nightmare, nobody ever makes exactly what you need ha ha, now if i can only find a way to power my raspberry pi as a cheap midi host....
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

A raspberry pi as a MIDI host sounds like a great idea. Is there code available to do that already, or are you thinking of writing some?
JamieB

Post by JamieB »

well i don't want to give all my secrets away ha ha - its seriously just 1 line of code....... the pi looks like a great platform for a loop switcher with midi, i have messed with some prototypes, the biggest issue i have got is finding a pedal-board power supply that can power it,im considering using the cioks eventide powerfactor 2's iec extension outlet but it may be too bulky, although a micro controller may seem more suited to the task of a looper the pi is just Linux, and Linux has some pretty good midi implementation so yeah, ideas, ideas, ideas, ....shhh top secret.....for now
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Nice :-)
JamieB

Post by JamieB »

but...if your interested, im no engineer, and im not a company and if a loop switcher is of interest perhaps we could discuss it one day ;) but first ill finish up my suggestions / musings on the voluum - hardware, midi, and software and the wahoo software - ive written about 6 a4 pages of nonsense so far so ill probably just pdf you it
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Yes, always interested in such discussions. Send when you have something.

And, looking forward to your musings on the Voluum -- a pdf will be good.