Broken footswitch...

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

Stephen

Broken footswitch...

Post by Stephen »

Hello,

I've had my wahoo less than a week and today the footswitch has stopped working. I can go to custom settings and get the wah to turn on with the pedal, but cannot get the pedal to turn it off! This is only the second chance I've had to play with it, it's not been gigged, or to rehearsals, or fixed to a pedalboard, or moved out of my room at all for that matter. No kids or dogs or other animals to knock it, it's just stopped working!
Stephen

Re: Broken footswitch...

Post by Stephen »

Oh, and I've always used it with its own power supply...not that I can imagine that has anything to do with a switch, but just thought I would let you know...
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

The footswitch might have failed, but it's not something that happens often. More likely, a setting has been enabled to change how the footswitch/pedal operates.

Can you please do the following. It's part of the Wahoo's built-in tests to let you check the panel and switches. Let me know what you find.

(1) Power on while holding down these three things: Filter 1/2 switch + LEVEL knob + Save switch
The display should show "-E-" to indicate you are now in a special test mode.

(2) Release the three things in (1).

(3) Press "up" until "t04" is shown (this is the switch test).

(4) Press "save" to start the test, the display will show "run".

(5) Now press each switch in turn and the display should show you what has been pressed (if the lock switch is enabled, you need to set this to unlocked).

When the footswitch is pressed, it should show "Fot"

You need to repower the Wahoo to get back to normal operation.
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Hi James,

Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated. I went through the steps and when I pushed the footswitch nothing came up on the LEDs. The other switches displayed their name. Is there anything else that I can do?
Thanks again,

Stephen
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

It sounds like its dead (or maybe a bad connection inside -- broken wire, etc).

If you want to open the Wahoo to examine it, there's no problem with warranty. Just remove all the screws on the bottom plate and remove it. It might be something simple like a wire needs to be soldered onto the switch.

Regardless, if you are not able/willing to repair it we can do it (or replace it) for you. I will send you a PM with details of where to return it in case that's what you need to do.