heelswitch doesn't work and more

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

wiegersma

heelswitch doesn't work and more

Post by wiegersma »

Hello,

I've got some questions:
-My toeswitch is workin, but the heelswitch doesn't seem to do anything. Any idea what could be wrong?
-I can't get to tap the BPM. How do I have to do this? Can't figure it out from the manual.
-I hear some 'quarking' noise in the sounds. With an overdrive or a compressor it get's worse. How can this be solved? here a link: http://1drv.ms/1PhBYYd
-When calibrating the Wahoo, the A starts a little higher and then lowers a little until it has the right note. Isn't this supposed to be a note that has to 'stay in tune'?

Hope you can help me

Greetings
Eelke
james
Site Admin

Re: heelswitch doesn't work and more

Post by james »

Thanks for sending the recording, it's very useful.

This should happen, the Wahoo needs to be repaired. Please send me a PM with all your details (name, shipping address, where and when you bought it, serial number of the Wahoo etc). I'm pretty sure I know what's wrong and its a simple fix.

The filter calibration might drift a little because the filters are very sensitive to temperature variations. The calibration adjusts for temperature variations, but only once you exit the calibration. During calibration, the temperature compensation is turned off. So it's best to calibrate after the unit has been on for a little while (to warm things up inside) and is at the usual temperature where you would use it.
wiegersma

Re: heelswitch doesn't work and more

Post by wiegersma »

thanks, you've got PM