connect a guitar

The G2M™ Universal Guitar to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

BillyMWhite

connect a guitar

Post by BillyMWhite »

Hello , I purchased a G2M today and well The instructions are a little confusing . They do not tell me which connection I use on the midi devise . I have a Roland MT32 . It is an old unit . Anyway do I use the IN OUT or Thru ? Does the thru jack on the G2M send the midi signal to my amp or does it send my guitar bypassing the G2M . Do I use the out put on my MT32 to hear the midi voice I select . If some one can help me out with this I would be grateful . My knowledge of midi is none . Thank you , Billy
johnmc
Site Admin

Re: connect a guitar

Post by johnmc »

Does the thru jack on the G2M send the midi signal to my amp or does it send my guitar bypassing the G2M .
The thru jack on the G2M is for your normal guitar signal (not MIDI). You can connect this to your amp or to any effects pedals etc. that you may have.
Anyway do I use the IN OUT or Thru ? Do I use the out put on my MT32 to hear the midi voice I select
'MIDI OUT' on the G2M will connect to the 'MIDI IN' on your MT32. Yes you will use the output of the MT32 to hear the MIDI voice selected.