Wahoo on/off help

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

Draven777

Wahoo on/off help

Post by Draven777 »

Hello,
This isn't a major problem, just need help with what I'm sure is a simple issue. I was wondering if there is a way to turn the pedal off, without hitting the switch? The pedal automatically turns on when I go to the toe down position, which is awesome, but I notice there is a delay in turning the pedal off when I hit the switch. like when I click this switch the effect doesn't turn off instantly when I click the switch down, but waits until I completely lift my foot off the switch to turn off. So my question is, is there a way to turn the pedal on/off almost classic wah pedal style? or some way with out having to click the on/off switch? I have certain parts in songs where I need it to switch off as quickly as possible with no delay. By the way, the wahoo is amazing and has become a great tool in developing my sound with my band. so thank you for that guys! :)
james
Site Admin

Re: Wahoo on/off help

Post by james »

Hello,

Yes, there's a few ways to do this.

You are correct in that there is a delay on the switch. This is to allow a "long press" to select presets. If it responded immediately on the switch-down, it wouldn't be possible to detect a long-press without the short-press happening first. So we detect it on the switch-up instead.

If you don't use the footswitch for preset selection, you can disable this and then the switch will work instantly on the switch-down, just as you want (on the desktop editor settings pagee set "footswitch preset select time" to OFF.)

You can also turn off using just the pedal. In "On/Off (heel)" or "On/Off (toe)" modes moving to the opposite position that turns the pedal on will turn it off. There is a delay on this "effect off time" but this can be set as short as 0.1s, which should be fast enough.

Good to hear how well the Wahoo is working for you.
Draven777

Post by Draven777 »

Hi James!,
Thank you dearly for the input! so I guess my next question is, is there a way to set the footswitch preset select time to off without the use of a computer? could I do it on the pedal? I ask only because I'm on of those rare breeds of people that don't own a computer. as for doing it the other ways, does it explain in the handbook that came with it how to do this? (sorry if that is a stupid question!) thanks for your help!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Yes, you can do it on the panel.

Go to custom settings (long press on MODE knob). The parameters are described in the manual. If you have the latest firmware, get the latest manual pdf which explains any new parameters that have been added.

http://www.sonuus.com/downloads/sonuus-Wahoo-Manual.pdf
Draven777

Post by Draven777 »

Thanks again for the help. Unfortunately, I have not updated anything on the pedal since I bought it a year or so ago. ...the troubles of Not having a computer. Will I still be able to change the settings without having the latest firmware?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Yes you can still do this but some features you might need were not in the first firmware. Turning off by the pedal for example was added later. Try the "Fs.t" setting (this is footswitch time) set to OFF and see if it helps with the footswitch time. But this "fast off" feature may have been added in a newer firmware too.