Not Working In Live 9 and Reason 8 on Mac .. until ..

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

polanut

Not Working In Live 9 and Reason 8 on Mac .. until ..

Post by polanut »

Hi

Just wanted to flag up an issue I am having to see if anyone else is experiencing it :)

I recently purchased a Sonnus i2M and am using it on a Mac running OSX 10.11.1 - I currently have 3 DAWS on my Mac , Ableton 9.5 (My Main DAW) , Reason 8 and Garage Band.

All 3 Apps "see" the i2M as a midi device however the issues I am having are :

1) If I fire up Ableton, although it sees the i2M it does not accept it as a midi input and nothing happens, however if I quit Ableton and start Garageband it works just fine in there. Then if I quit Garageband and restart Ableton, low and behold it happily accepts i2M as a midi input and works fine.

2) Reason just does not accept it as a midi device at all :( - again it "sees" it but nothing I can do seems to get it to work!

Any help that anyone could give would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

David
james
Site Admin

Re: Not Working In Live 9 and Reason 8 on Mac .. until ..

Post by james »

Hi David,

I'm not sure what the problem is, but have you checked the Audio MIDI Setup utility in OSX to see how the i2M is configured in there? Though it's working with other programs, I'm not sure if this could cause a problem with only one program.

Sometimes, removing the i2M from the Audio MIDI Setup utility helps. Then disconnect and reconnect the i2M and it will be added again with the default settings. This can remove any settings that may have caused problems.
polanut

Post by polanut »

Many thanks for your reply James

Unfortunately it is not giving me the option to remove i2M as a device in the Midi section of Audio/Midi settings in OSX - in fact I can't remove any midi-devices from that screen :) the remove device is greyed out regardless of whatever midi controller is displayed :) . As I say finding it very confusing as I seem to have to launch Garageband first to get any other DAW to recognise it as an input source. :)

But once again many thanks for getting back so quickly - will try and work it out :) and if I find a reason will post it back to this forum.

Best

D
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Hi David,

Ok. I hope you can figure it out. I don't use OSX very often, so I can't think of any other suggestions to try. Maybe someone else can suggest more things.
brucerothwell

Post by brucerothwell »

Since Sonuus officially supports OSX, can we get someone else that does use Macs often to also monitor this forum, please?
johnmc
Site Admin

Post by johnmc »

Hi David,

Are you trying to delete the i2M device whilst your DAW is still open?

Try disconnecting the i2M - open MIDI Studio and you should see the i2M icon in grey. You should be able to click on it and hit 'backspace' (i.e. delete).

What i2M firmware are you running? Are you able to see the i2M using the i2M editor software? It may be worthwhile reinstalling the firmware and/or resetting to factory default.

Snoize do a utility program called MIDI Monitor : http://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/ .This is useful to check if the i2M is functioning correctly.

John.

Sonuus Limited.