I2M to hardware MIDI

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

ShantiLFE

I2M to hardware MIDI

Post by ShantiLFE »

Hi
Will the i2M work with iconnectivity IMIDI+4 or Kenton USB host to Midi boxes?
I need to use some old synths Yam VL70m & Roland X2020 with this
using mostly for flute/sax so need the I2m,as I know the G2M has 5 pin Midi out
so far on flute with Ipad or softsyths I find it tracks quite good ,but must adjust my playing a bit
curious how it tracks/sounds on my rack synths...
Thanks
james
Site Admin

Re: I2M to hardware MIDI

Post by james »

Yes, the i2M certainly works with the Kenton USB MIDI host (I have one here and have tested it). It will probably work with the iConnectivity converter too, but I haven't tried it.
omoola1

Post by omoola1 »

Please am new to this forum and my challenge is that, I just purchased i2m musicport midi converter on amazon.com and since then, my thought changed about it because I couldn`t use it with musescore software which couldn`t even recognized and I tried to download some stuffs on the website, alas all to no avail. Please can someone tell me how they`ve been using it successfully with guitar?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

You don't need to download the i2M software to start using it -- you only need the software to perform more advanced configuration of the MIDI settings.

I haven't used MuseScore, but it looks like it works with standard MIDI Keyboards.When you connect the i2M it should appear as a MIDI input device. You may need to connect the i2M before you run MuseScore.

What OS are you using? Windows, OSX, Linux?