i2M input from Pro Tools/UA Apollo

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

Pistoljive

i2M input from Pro Tools/UA Apollo

Post by Pistoljive »

I'm hoping I'm not just being dumb here but I feel like I'm just missing one button. I can not get the i2M to input into a pro tools midi or instrument track in my desired configuration.

I have the latest i2M firmware/software on windows 7 x64, with Pro Tools 10/11 and using a Universal Audio Apollo.

The preferred setup I'm trying to create (which should be possible) involves having line output 1 from my ua apollo directly attached and normalled to the input of the sonuus i2M. Therefor, I can equip various instruments to various inputs on my apollo and route them easily to the i2M. I have recorded from apollo input 1 (guitar) and ran the audio out of apollo line 1 output on a send to the sonuus i2M. I have the sonuus on mode 1 (solid green) and on the lowest audio input setting (line in). Yes, The send in PT is outputting audio to (not muted) through the physical line out 1 into the i2M. On the midi and instrument tracks, I have routed them to receive input from all channels from the i2m and have no midi output routed from these tracks. With this, I thought I should be receiving midi notes on the midi and instrument track inputs but I am sadly receiving no midi input. Halp. Please? : ) Thanks in advance!
james
Site Admin

Re: i2M input from Pro Tools/UA Apollo

Post by james »

With the latest firmware installed on the i2M, use the i2M editor to put the i2M into "latency test mode" (on the setup page). This will make the i2M flash it's light and send MIDI at the same time. It's a good way to debug because it ensures MIDI is sent from the i2M.

The i2M editor will also flash its MIDI In and MIDI Out indicators when MIDI is received or sent. This can help debug what's happening.

At least you'll be able to check what happens when the i2M is sending MIDI.