phase of midi synced lfo

For the Voluum™ Digitally-Controlled Analogue Volume Effects Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

leonnine

phase of midi synced lfo

Post by leonnine »

I have an old PPC mac. (really, thats the source of my problem).

so i cant run the software, which wasn't really an issue as i run sync via midi.

although it does sync with midi, its often a bit out of phase (I have high latency from using SSL, TC powercore & UAD dsp units) and I cant find where to adjust it on the pedal.
I see that you can in the software on my other, non studio, computer.

also I can adjust the 2nd LFO phase to the 1st LFO. so I tried to do that by shutting off the 1st LFO levels flat and only using the 2nd LFO but I couldn't get that to work (does that sound possible?).

Is there something im missing or a work around to fine tune the sync/phase of LFO?

Leon
james
Site Admin

Re: phase of midi synced lfo

Post by james »

You said you can't run the software. Does this mean you can't update the Voluum to the latest firmware?

There were recent improvements to MIDI Sync and LFO Phase (with MIDI sync) in the recent firmware updates.
leonnine

Post by leonnine »

I can update drivers and look at, & use the software via usb on my PC.
but thats not the computer i have in my studio set up.
Im sure I have the latest drivers/software, unless theres been one in the last couple of months.

Is there a phase shifting function via the pedal when locking to midi?
Leon
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

To get firmware version, press and hold save while powering-up... latest version is 1.3.0.

Two things to check:

(1) When LFO is set to MIDI Sync, the "r.Ph" parameter is available which sets the phase of the LFO.

(2) You need to send MIDI SPP (song position pointer) so the Voluum knows when the bar starts. It assumes 4/4 timing for calculating when a bar will start. If this isn't set there is nothing to reference the phase to (MIDI clock on its own isn't enough).
leonnine

Post by leonnine »

I am updated to 1.3.

I will try your suggestions later. It sounds like the solution I was looking for.
I guess I had no reference for the r.ph setting in the manual if its a newer feature.
also it probably did nothing if my MIDI SPP wasnt on.

thanks for your help.

great pedal.

Leon
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Sure. Let me know how you get on.