Treadle is loosening

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

Fogael

Treadle is loosening

Post by Fogael »

The treadle of my Wahoo is getting a bit loose. Well, as far as I can see it's not the joint of the treadle itself, but the two screws that attach the treadle and its joint to the enclosure. Haven't come around of opening it up yet, cause it's the end of the semester (yeea, I'm procrastinating right now) and I'm not sure if that'll void my warranty (btw, will it?). When opened up, are those two screws easily reachable or will I have to unscrew the platine as well?
james
Site Admin

Re: Treadle is loosening

Post by james »

It is easy to access the two screws. It won't void your warranty.

Please see the attachment. It describes how to completely remove the pedal. You don't need to do this, you only need to tighten the two nuts on each bolt (see section 3 at the end of the document for more details). Two nuts are used to lock everything in place. These must not have been correctly tightened and that's why they have come loose.
Attachments
Wahoo_Pedal_Tension_Guide.pdf
(4.56 MiB) Downloaded 649 times
Fogael

Post by Fogael »

Thanks for the quick answer and the helpful PDF. Your customer support kicks butt :D
Odersfelt

Post by Odersfelt »

I have the same problem and tried to follow the attached instructions. However 2 of the screws on the back panel won't budge and the heads are stripping so I can't get the back panel off. Help please?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Normally the screws should be tight enough for the head to be stripped. However, if this happens, it's easy to get the screw off with a drill: use a 3mm drill and gently (slowly) drill the screw head. Once you drill far enough the outside of the screw head will fall off and the base panel can then be removed. What's left of the screw can then be removed using pliars to unscrew it. If done carefully, you won't cause any damage to the base plate (the drill won't touch it).
Odersfelt

Post by Odersfelt »

Fixed. Had to strip heads off 3 screws and there was not enough thread sticking out/too tight to remove, so left them in. Still, seems ok and still works.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you got it working. I'm not sure why so many screws were hard to remove. I've only ever seen one screw like this, and I've opened quite a few Wahoos.