Using Editor and updating firmware

For the Voluum™ Digitally-Controlled Analogue Volume Effects Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

sixstringer

Using Editor and updating firmware

Post by sixstringer »

I just purchased the Voluum pedal and would like to begin optimizing it. I have downloaded the Voluum-Editor (with PDF manual) and the sonuus-Voluum-Manual PDF, but I haven't been able to find complete instructions on updating the firmware. I powered up the pedal while holding the arrow-up and 'active' buttons and now the display reads "UPd" --- now what? I have the editor window on the screen of my 2014 iMac (OS X El Capitan 10.11.6), but it is completely unresponsive no matter where I click. Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
james
Site Admin

Re: Using Editor and updating firmware

Post by james »

You also need to download the Sonuus Firmware Updater. This lets you update several Sonuus products, not just the Voluum.

There are pdf instructions with the firmware updater. You need the firmware file (extension .sfu). When you load this into the firmware updater, it will then look for the device it needs: if you load the Voluum update, it will look for the Voluum, if you load a Wahoo update, it will look for the Wahoo, etc.

When the Voluum is in update mode (it shows "Upd") it appears as a new USB device that only the updater will recognise.

You can also update using the editor, but you need the Firmware Updater installed for this to work. On a Mac you need to make sure the firmware updater and Voluum editor are in the same folder. Then on the "setup" page of the editor, select "update firmware". This will reset the Voluum into update mode (it will show "Upd"), run the firmware loader and do the update.
sixstringer

Re: Using Editor and updating firmware

Post by sixstringer »

Yes, downloading and installing the Firmware Updater did the trick! The update was super quick and successful. Thank you so much for your prompt response,

David