Reliability question

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

Jonners

Reliability question

Post by Jonners »

OK, not as bad as the title suggests.

I'm quite lazy, and having set up my Voluum and Wahoo in a chain before my amp, I have been using both every time I practice, and I practice every day.

Am I going to limit the lifespan by doing so? (As an engineer, I know that the answer is 'yes', but it is a more a question of MTBF).

They are both being switched on every day, occasionally more than once, and my gut instinct is that this isn't a great idea.

(As an aside, I am generally using them - I often use the boost setting on the Voluum to tweak the relative volume with a metronome, as well as the tuner, and I have made a pedal controlled low pass filter, without resonance, that I use for simple EQ - I know it's using a smidgeon of the capabilities, but it is useful for practice).
james
Site Admin

Re: Reliability question

Post by james »

I wouldn't worry about it. It something does fail, we'll be able to repair it for you (usually for free). The only thing I would do is not drive the LEDs at high brightness because that's the only part that is likely to have any wear. And the LED drivers will get hotter with higher brightness. Set the brightness to 30% or below is probably a good idea.
Jonners

Re: Reliability question

Post by Jonners »

Thanks.

I think I wound the LEDs down to as low as possible as soon as I got it. They are bright!