perhaps a bug

For the Voluum™ Digitally-Controlled Analogue Volume Effects Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

Flop54

Re: perhaps a bug

Post by Flop54 »

Hello James,

i have a little wish i don't know if it is possible.

I ask to line6 to modify the helix addind a FA message that i need to use correctly my wahoo and my voluum with the helix. But line 6 are not so compliant as you...
So i have to wait and wait.
The helix dosen't send a FA message so my sonuus FS is not synchronise with the helix.

I have 2 strymon fx to and i can reset the phase with a midi CC.

So my question is :
can you add a midi CC to replace the need of FA message?

I know is not a problem about your product but i try anyway.

Thank you!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Yes, I understand your frustration!

Unfortunately, due to a lot of other development going on, we don't have time to look at this quickly. I'm sure it would be possible, but I think we'd need to add options to enable this somewhere.

We might be able to create a special "hack" version for you that just makes that work as a quick workaround. I'll have a think about that and see if there's any way we can squeeze that into the schedule.
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

Thank you very much James!
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

Hello James!

Happy new year to the sonuus team!

my voluum's bouton up dosen't work sometimes. Have you an idea about this? And it's when i use the button to change the preset number for the parameter it always work
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (17.34 KiB) Viewed 64255 times
And again a line6 problem but sometimes the wahoo lost the midi sync but not the voluum. I have to go inside the parameters to select send tempo on midi. You said to me that the voluum and the wahoo are similar, do you think it could be a kenton's problem because i don't understand why the wahoo lost the midi and not the voluum?

I've found this : http://midisolutions.com/prodevp.htm
This stuff can generate a Fa message so i think that could be solve my problem but this morning i try to sync my voluum and my wahoo with a midi tempo sync and i am not sure to understand how it work.
I know we have speak about that many times but for me it must be simple and when i play it doesn't sound always the same. I don't know how it can be possible but for me the lfo dosen't reset when the effect is on. we have talk about that many times and you said to me there can be a problem if you stop with the tremolo with or without sound. When you restart it it can be offset. do you remember?

i want to have a "simple" sound like this :
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (35.33 KiB) Viewed 64249 times
So i have a tremolo and a wha auto,
how can i be sure to start with the lfo at the same point? Because when i stop with the tremolo open or closed it seems to be different when i restart? And with this type of sound if something is a little offset it could be sound very different...

thank you
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

Hello James,

Sorry to bother you again and again but I must find a solution to do what I want.
I work and test to understand my problem.

So the voluum and the wahoo synchronise themself with a FA message like you explain to me.
The problem is that this message seems to be unic. And for the moment I don't find how I can write this message into my midi file.

When I use my MAO soft (reaper) :
- if I start on the beginning' song there is no problem
- in another time, wahoo and voluum are offset

I must verify withSend SX but I think that the FA message is only send on the beginning.

I continue to think it would be very useful to have a cc to retrig the lfo or that the lfo is retrigging when the effect is on for some reasons i will tell you now.
Actually with your fx you will have problem if you :
- want to record a part of a song with midi sync, you have to start at the beginning if you want to have a sync FX.
- use some units with no realtime FX. For example with my helix or my LP16 cymatic.
- play live because the start point is not decided yet

What do you think about my analysis?
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

Flop54 wrote: I must verify withSend SX but I think that the FA message is only send on the beginning.
It's true! i've verified and if i start in the middle of a song no FA but a FB!
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

Hello James,

You seems to be very busy.

Perhaps if it easyer to you you can just programm the wahoo and the volum to resync when they receive a FA and a FB message? It would work for me i think.

Thank you
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Yes. Sorry for the long delay. We were at the NAMM show last week and it's been very busy leading up to that, and since!

I will try to look to see if this resync is easy to add for you. However, we are all so busy just now I'm not sure when we'll get the time to do this. But I'll do my best!
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

Thank you james
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

Hello James sorry to bother you again but i'm recording an album with my band in two month so i want to know if you think you can resolve my problem.

Best regards