Loopa version 2 suggestions

For the Loopa™, The World's First Looper Microphone

Moderators: johnmc, james

Jongobeatboxgy

Loopa version 2 suggestions

Post by Jongobeatboxgy »

Good Morning Mr. James and the Sonuus team,
I have to say that I'm very impressed with the loopa mic and I'd really like to give a few suggestions for the next version whenever you come around to making it.
1. It would be lovely if you can double the number of tracks or even triple it with independent buttons for each track.(given that the electronics could fit)
2. It would be great if there were a small LED that blinks to the tempo of the track.(even when the track isn't playing) This would help if track one were muted but you're trying to record on track 2 and keep the same tempo without playing track 1 for a reference)
3. A knob that could adjust the speed of the loop would be nice to have also.
4. Two knobs for effects would be great also. One for reverb and one for delay.

I don't own a loopa mic as yet because medical school has me strapped for cash but I'll get one as soon as I can save the money. Hopefully for Christmas!
(I hope the post wasn't too long or had silly suggestions)
james
Site Admin

Re: Loopa version 2 suggestions

Post by james »

Thanks for the good suggestions!

I agree with many of these, however, some of it gets complicated to put in a microphone format (and keep it easy to use).

A lot of feedback we've had regarding other loop-station-type products is that they can be overwhelming to use. The idea behind the Loopa was to make the looping simple, but powerful. So you have a lot of control (with just 2 buttons, multi-layered loops, etc), but it's very natural and the controls don't get in the way of the performance.

For sure, we can add more complexity to this (and we have prototypes that do this), so there are many options for the future.