Pitch Bend On/Off

All general pitch-to-MIDI thoughts, suggestions, complaints, etc.

Moderators: johnmc, james

phaze5

Pitch Bend On/Off

Post by phaze5 »

Have been playing with the G2M for a few days now & am quite happy with the results. Making sure you are in tune & adjusting your playing style really help in getting good tracking.
I am using a Fender acoustic with a built in pickup into the G2M, MIDI signal into a Novation Remote SL MIDI controller & Ableton Live. I use a handkerchief wrapped around the nut end of the neck to help mute the open strings & harmonics as an acoustic guitar probably generates more harmonics than a solid body guitar.
I have spent hours reading manuals & forums trying to figure out how to get Ableton Live or the Remote SL to not receive or filter the pitch bend messages coming from the G2M. I have configured the Remote SL so it does not send pitch bend messages but it only stops pitch bend messages that are generated by the pitch bend/ modulation joy stick, not from MIDI sent through it. The Sampler instrument in Ableton Live has a default pitch bend range of +/- 5 semitones & can be set to 0 however it seems that this parameter cannot be changed when in multi sample mode which is the mode that the instruments are in. The only option is to delete the pitch bend envelope or the unwanted parts of it after the MIDI sequence is recorded which not ideal.
A MIDI router could filter pitch bend messages but this is an additional cost. Perhaps with future versions of the G2M a switch or MIDI filter on the device itself could be an option. Would this be feasible?
james
Site Admin

Re: Pitch Bend On/Off

Post by james »

Our forthcoming bass version (B2M) will have a chromatic mode option (i.e., no pitch bend). See this post:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39#p380

Of course, this is something that could be incorporated into a future G2M.