Specifications

All general pitch-to-MIDI thoughts, suggestions, complaints, etc.

Moderators: johnmc, james

Attic

Specifications

Post by Attic »

Recently i've been trying a vst plugin called "midifier 1.1.0" and, compared to the G2M, the former has a few more options that i wish the latter had. Of course, it's impossible because the G2M is a hardware device (at least 'till a driver that could do that would appear on scene) and it has more or less the same latency. I found specially relevant two of these options: the "ignore short notes" (which I disable, because I like to play fast) and that the midifier allows you to specify the range of dB that would trigger a "note on" and a "note off". So, I'd like to ask about some specifations of the G2m in order to avoid its limitations: what range of dB does the G2M consider? I mean, I would use a BOSS GT10 pedalboard previous in the chain FX to the G2M and i would like to know the best settings concerning eq, noise gate, compression, etc. I would like to play fast and trigger almost every note I play (and hear) as a midi note. Thanks in advance. And excuse me for my english.
james
Site Admin

Re: Specifications

Post by james »

The G2M (and the new B2M) doesn't need any settings for dB sensitivity thresholds or a setting to ignore short notes. It does everything completely automatically and adjusts to your playing.

The main thing is to ensure your playing is clean (to avoid unintentional notes being detected as what seem like glitches) and if you have problems with some notes being detected, make sure you pick them cleanly so they are more obvious.