Using G2m with an intel mac Computer

The G2M™ Universal Guitar to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

airchair

Using G2m with an intel mac Computer

Post by airchair »

I was wondering if anyone has used this with a mac computer? I wanted to use my guitar for a way to generate a midi track on band in a box. That way I could enter it as a melody track into the band in a box program. Problem is, it looks like the g2m has a midi connector and all I have is a mini jack for an input on the mac. I'm thinking I could get a midi-usb cable that would work but not sure. didn't want to spend $100 only to find out it doesn't work. Thanks
james
Site Admin

Re: Using G2m with an intel mac Computer

Post by james »

It will work on a Mac if you have a suitable MIDI-interface. So, you will need a USB-MIDI interface. Just make sure the USB-MIDI interface is supported on the Mac -- most are, but if they use non-standard drivers they may not be. Just check first.
MartinOM28V

Re: Using G2m with an intel mac Computer

Post by MartinOM28V »

I am using it on an Intel MacBook Pro with great results. I had lots of trouble at first but then I discovered something amazing: The directions :)o
My setup is Stratocaster (neck pickup, wide open tone control)> G2M with Boost on> MIDIMAN MIDISPORT. In Ableton Live, it works with almost no detectable latency on the top two strings. If you're having trouble don't get discouraged, it sounds like garbage until you use the G2M tuner to zero in, lower latency as much as you can stand and reduce active MIDI inputs. Tuning seemed to be the key more than anything else.