Tips and tricks...

All general pitch-to-MIDI thoughts, suggestions, complaints, etc.

Moderators: johnmc, james

Jon

Tips and tricks...

Post by Jon »

The G2M is a monophonic pitch-to-MIDI device. There are a couple of ways to work around this fact. One method I have used is to program a chord into the specific synth you are using. You could also program a harmony part, a third, fifth, seventh, ninth, etc. If you play a monophonic "A" on your second string you would end up playing an "A" chord (if you had three or more notes being triggered). Triggering two notes is not a chord but sometimes this is all the song needs. Less can be better.

Another way is to use a delay pedal set on a long regeneration. You can pluck three notes in order (arpeggio) and then use a volume pedal to swell the notes into a delay. The results is virtual chords, the staggered attack becomes hidden. The results is beautiful clouds of sound, perfect for those who enjoy creating lush soundscapes.

I don't think that "monophonic" is a giant limitation. It is simply a parameter to consider and could even be the G2M's strength.
BertAnt

Re: Tips and tricks...

Post by BertAnt »

Most of the greatest lead licks are monophonic, so it's just the same as playing with heavy distortion, if you're good at it, you already have the required skill to play G2M.
Voltaire

Post by Voltaire »

good tip, I hadn't even thought of that.

I use mine during live performance for pad or gated sounds through a looper, so I'll play a four note progression, loop it and just carry on my way.

I personally use an a/b/y pedal to do this, works like a charm.
wetdentist

Post by wetdentist »

i've had this device now for less than a day now, as it just came in the mail yesterday. for the most part (very most part) the monophonic thing is true, and the marketing is correct, this device MAKES you play your guitar better . . . however, i found that (after i had gone through all the SAWER presets, an analog modeling soft synth) with a few of the symphonic string sounds in Dimension Pro (a rompler with some very very realistic "real" instruments) i was able to build some chords, and have 3 different tones playing *with no digital delay fx* and once i got there i didn't leave for at least 90 minutes. a total wankadelic time FOR SHURE!