Also not working for me

The B2M™ Universal Bass to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

Kaleb

Also not working for me

Post by Kaleb »

I get double hits, no hits, wrong notes, wrong octave, latency. It's tuned as well as the human hand can tune it. Using an Ibanez GSR206, a six string, Cakewalk UM-1G USB MIDI Interface, Logic Pro 8, if that makes a difference. Have also used MIDI Monitor to look at messages and it confirms all these spurious midi messages.
StickPlayer

Re: Also not working for me

Post by StickPlayer »

If you are trying to record a bass and then convert that to MIDI (or even in real-time) to play a soft synth, sample player, or external synth, you would be better off with a specific program that converts audio to MIDI. Melodyne does that. And, as good as Melodyne is at that task, you will still have some editing to do.

Latency is part of it. But if, in addition to using the B2M, you are using a sound card... the latency is going to be a battle - even if you have a high-end card like an RME.

You may also need to filter out some of the 'useless' MIDI.

But for playing 'live', I am having pretty good results with the B2M. I have found that attenuating the incoming level to the B2M (to get virtually NO clipping) helps. I am using an Electro-Harmonix Signal Pad pedal in front of the B2M. I do NOT plug my bass directly into the B2M, but send out of an EFX Send to the Electro-Harmonix Signal Pad, then to the B2M, then to a sound module. I don't want to compromise the sound of the bass instruments by reducing the volume before the amps.

I am having the Electro-Harmonix Signal Pad modified to include a low-pass filter. I think that reducing any overtones will help further.
Kaleb

Post by Kaleb »

I have seen on the videos and other people on the forum talking about how great this is. I must have a faulty unit. How do I send it back for them to replace or fix?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Please see this FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=314
jboatright

Post by jboatright »

I am having a terrible time with my B2M making wrong notes, flutuating between wrong and right notes, no sound, delayed sounds, muliple sounds. I am trying to use it with a Peavy Spectrum Bass DPM. What can I do?