will there be a x2M plugin?

The B2M™ Universal Bass to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

arminmetz

will there be a x2M plugin?

Post by arminmetz »

hello
I would pay at least the same amount for a "x2M" plugin as for a hardware converter. Is there any chance it will be programmed?
james
Site Admin

Re: will there be a x2M plugin?

Post by james »

Currently, we don't have plans for this. But if there is enough demand we could do it.
JonH

Post by JonH »

I would like to second this idea.

I'm guessing the I2M hardware is essentially a mono USB audio converter (similar to others on the market typically priced at around £20-30) and the Audio to MIDI processing is done using the host computer - is that correct? If so then it would presumably be quite straightforward to unlock the software so that third-party audio interfaces were also permitted.

In particular I would like to see Mac version that I could use with MainStage, possibly as an Audio-Units plugin. I'm already taking a bi-directional USB audio interface to gigs in the form of my Roland GT10B, so with an "x2M" audio to MIDI plugin I could just plug my MacBook into the GT10B and open up a whole world of funky soft-synth sounds! :)

The only similar thing I can find on the market is the WIDIsoft plugin, priced at $79.99 (roughly £50) but their website doesn't fill me with confidence. I think a SONUUS product priced at anything up to around the same price would be very popular, effectively providing a cheaper route into SONUUS Audio to MIDI technology for people who are happy to use their existing hardware.

Cheers, Jon
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

The i2M hardware actually does the MIDI conversion, so there's a lot more inside than a simple USB-Audio device.

The host computer receives the resultant MIDI data (and audio at the same time). The advantage of this is twofold: there is effectively zero-latency before the audio starts to be processed, thus minimising latency, and there are no drivers to be installed on the computer, so it works with any hardware that supports class-compliant USB-MIDI devices.

However, the MIDI conversion technology is very portable, and a plug-in could be done. In fact, we have just released an iOS app that does the same function as the G2M (so it has less features than the i2M).

http://www.sonuus.com/products_g2m_app.html