Firmware Version

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

james
Site Admin

Re: Firmware Version

Post by james »

Currently, there are no firmware upgrades available for the i2M musicport, but we expect to release one later this month.

You are correct, you can get the firmware version in the i2M musicport Desktop Editor (in the Setup tab, "firmware version" is shown).

Also, when you start a firmware upgrade, before you actually do the update, the app will show you the current version of installed firmware and the version of the firmware to be installed so you can be sure what you're doing before you do it.

I'm glad you like your new i2M :) Of course it would be nice to bundle some other software with it; it's something we may consider for the future.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Also try the i2M's ASIO driver. It lets you use another audio device as the output (it can host another device similar to ASIO4ALL). How well this works depends on your output audio device's drivers. We've had very good results with some devices (stable/low latency).
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Thanks for sharing your solution, I'm sure this will be useful to others.

Crackles could be a result of insufficient USB bandwidth, but this would only happen if the USB port's bandwidth was being shared with other devices (i.e., through a hub with lots of other devices). If the i2M is connected directly to the computer (no hub) then it is guaranteed to get maximum bandwidth and no problems. Saying that, I always run mine through a hub with lots of other devices with no problems! If you still have problems with crackles, let us know in case it's a firmware issue we can fix.

The editor application also uses USB to communicate, of course. Is there any difference if that is running or not running?

You can turn off all MIDI, simply by disabling the zones on the active MIDI configuration. A useful trick to toggle MIDI is to configure one mode (e.g., mode 1) for normal MIDI use, and another mode (e.g., mode 2) with no active zones. Then pressing the mode-change button will toggle between MIDI and no MIDI.