PropellerHead Reason 4/5

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

hewsy10

PropellerHead Reason 4/5

Post by hewsy10 »

Hi,

Will the i2M work with Reason 4 or Reason 5? I am currently using a Korg nanoKey as a MIDI controller, which is also a USB/MIDI device. So this should work in a similar way, right?

Thanks,

Jimmy.
james
Site Admin

Re: PropellerHead Reason 4/5

Post by james »

The i2M musicport should work just fine. It's a standard USB/MIDI device, so if your nanoKey works, the i2M should work too.
hewsy10

Post by hewsy10 »

OK, it does work with Reason 4 & 5. I'm just having a bit of an issue with latency. Just how fast is the i2M supposed to be? How much latency should I expect? I'm finding it hard to get used to playing the guitar with the delay that's all.

Thanks!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

The delay should be pretty close to zero!Typically under 10ms, unless you play lower notes. I assume the problem is in your audio settings?
hewsy10

Post by hewsy10 »

I'll have a play around with them and see what I can do. I'm desperate to get it working right. Will let you know.
phredjones

Post by phredjones »

I can't get the i2M to work with Reason. After figuring out the advanced midi bus option, it won't record. I can hear everything just find - just won't record.

Any ideas.

THANKS
L13

Post by L13 »

make sure the tracks are armed both the lane and the little squiggly thing are both red and egged in the rack on the sequencer
also check the top tool bar in the in and out control bar at the top of the rig
click on advanced midi options and make sure its set to channel 1 or the same channel you are recording data on with whatever module you are using
phredjones

Post by phredjones »

Thanks L13 - everything is as it should be - Reason just woin't record the tracks. I can hear everything just fine and it works on all devices. When I hit "record" no data is recorded. I'm sure it's a simple oversight - all of my other peripheral controllers are seemless - just plug & play. I've never had to monkey around with the advanced midi routing except for now with the i2M.

Thanks again.
EddieG

Post by EddieG »

Make sure you have the i2M selected as the main controller in Reason, and you won't have to mess around with Advanced Midi settings at all.