First review of new G2M V2 (Harmony Central)

See what G2M reviews have been written by magazines, blogs and end-users.

Moderators: johnmc, james

james
Site Admin

First review of new G2M V2 (Harmony Central)

Post by james »

Harmony Central have posted a review of the new G2M V2 by Craig Anderton.

"the more I play with the V2 G2M, the more I feel this is the real deal"

http://www.harmonycentral.com/docs/DOC-1935
ToneHound

Re: First review of new G2M V2 (Harmony Central)

Post by ToneHound »

This review is pretty spot on. I have been using mine for about two weeks now through an older Yamaha TG55 Tone Generator and my Godin LGX-SA. The tracking is dramatically improved over V1 and I am really surprised how few note glitches appear. As expected, certain patches track more accurately than others. I have found that flutes and violins are really good. Trumpets and trumbones are good as well. Synth patches are pretty good. Bass patches are the hardest to track and if you tend to slur any notes you won't like the results.

I have enjoyed the results so much that I have ordered an updated Tone Generator to get more serious with my G2M v2 playing.

I also own an i2M and have found it to be beyond belief in recording with VSTi. I became so inspired with the results that I recorded an entire CD's worth of original New Age tunes that has become a suite with seven movements. Most of the playing was first take with very little editing at all needed. Flute is the primary voice and the suite was recorded using a inexpensive Epiphone Les Paul with an excellent setup and intonation.

The best tracking seems to occur using the neck humbucker pickup alone with the tone rolled off to the bass side.

Sonuus is on the right track. (No pun intended) I sure would love to see an update to make these polyphonic. Then, look out world!!!
Imogene16

Re: First review of new G2M V2 (Harmony Central)

Post by Imogene16 »

Thank you for sharing

--------------------------------------
cases for iphone 4s cheap