i2M musicport logo flashes red constantly

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

kejamusic

i2M musicport logo flashes red constantly

Post by kejamusic »

Hello,

Last weekend I purchesed the i2M musicport. Unfortunately it don't seem to work. It was recognized by the i2M musicport desktop editor but Cubase (Essential 4 My System Windows XP SP3) wasn't able to find the midi input. But the Hi-Z Audiointerface worked. I heard Guitarsound...but it wasn't connectable to anything in the DAW. So I decided to update the firmware. While the firmware was updating suddenly the i2M musicport disconnected from the computer...don't know why, because I hadn't touched it. And now the logo is flashing red constantly...I don't know what to do now...Have unplugged the musicport and insert it again but nothing happened. The logo is still flashing. Even the desktop editor wasn't able to recognize the musicport. So I reinstalled all the software...but again nothing happened. I also connected the musicport to a different computer but again the logo was flashing red constantly. Please help me. Best Wishes
johnmc
Site Admin

Re: i2M musicport logo flashes red constantly

Post by johnmc »

Hi,

It sounds like the firmware has been corrupted due to it disconnecting during the update. Does the firmware updater recognise the unit ok? Can you try to re-apply the firmware update?

One possibility might be that the button is stuck down - can you check this also?

John.
kejamusic

Post by kejamusic »

So, finally, I was able to re-install the firmware and the logo doesn't flash red anymore. Thank you...but my cubase (cubase essential 4) doesn't recognize the midiport of the i2M musicport neither do my software synths (sample tank 2.5, sonic synth or miroslav philharmonik) But cubase essential recognized the Hi Z Adio Interface...put I can't use the midiports...neither musicport is shown in the midi-inputsection nor I can use it when I enable "All Midi Inputs" what can I do?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Does MIDI-OX see the i2M MIDIPort? There should be one in and one out MIDI port (the IN is used to send controllers to the i2M to act as foot switches). http://www.midiox.com/

If Audio (Hi-Z input) is working, MIDI should be working too, so it sounds like it's some software configuration problem on your computer.
johnmc
Site Admin

Post by johnmc »

You mentioned you are running Windows XP. With this o/s the MIDI port will appear as USB Audio Device, not i2M musicport.
kejamusic

Post by kejamusic »

I read that in your manual, but there apeaqrs nothing...no USB Audio Device. There appear my other MIDI Devices only. (Tascam US 1641 and M-Audio Delta Audiophile).
Here are some pics of my Setup in Cubase. My Tascam Interface was turned off while I was shooting the snapshots.
Attachments
miditrack.png
miditrack.png (111.93 KiB) Viewed 8557 times
devicesetup2.png
devicesetup2.png (24.36 KiB) Viewed 8557 times
midiportsetup.png
midiportsetup.png (24.91 KiB) Viewed 8557 times
johnmc
Site Admin

Post by johnmc »

It's very strange that the audio appears but not the MIDI. If you are happy using the Control Panel/Device Manager, it may be worth uninstalling and reinstalling the device.

Here is how:

Connect the i2M

Open the Control Panel and then open the 'System Properties'.

Select the Hardware tab and open the Device Manager from here.

At the bottom of the device list you should see 'Universal Serial Bus controllers'. Within this list you should see USB Composite Device (there may be more than one depending on the devices in your system).

Find the i2M musicport (double click on the USB Composite Device to open the properties and you should see the i2M musicport name in the Location field).
Once you have found it, close the properties, right click on the USB Composite Device and select Uninstall from the menu. Press OK to uninstall the device.

Now Unplug and replug the i2M and it should reinstall the Windows drivers for it.

Hope this helps..

John.
johnmc
Site Admin

Post by johnmc »

Hi - just a follow up to see if you managed to resolve your problem?

John.