Amazing results: i2M, sax, and new Scale settings...

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

soundog

Amazing results: i2M, sax, and new Scale settings...

Post by soundog »

I have had time lately to dig deeper into the new "scale" settings in the latest i2M musicport software. My latest live performance setup routes my alto sax audio from my MOTU Ultralite audio interface directly into the i2M, with different settings for scales in the four i2M modes. The resulting "chord breakdowns" are split by the i2M into several different MIDI channel numbers. These are routed to WIVI Band in my DAW (Logic), running as a multi-tibral instrument; trumpet on one channel, trombone on another, and tenor sax on a third...all mixed in with the original alto sax audio. I am getting incredible live-performance horn sections from this setup, with low latency.

I just wanted to thank the Sonuus team for the addition of the scales, I know it was hard work. There are easily weeks worth of modal experimentation in there! I'll try to post another video of this setup and the results when I get time....
Andreas

Re: Amazing results: i2M, sax, and new Scale settings...

Post by Andreas »

Hi sound dog.

I also play alto saxophone but can´t get at proper settings to have a nice tracking. If I ask nice is it possible that you can save your settings in desktop manager and e-mailing me them to me??

Best regards Andreas
soundog

Re: Amazing results: i2M, sax, and new Scale settings...

Post by soundog »

Please refer to your other "Best Settings for Saxophone" thread; I posted an answer there. I suggest that horn players first get good clean i2M tracking and response from a single MIDI channel with no transposition before playing around with multiple channels, chords, scales, etc.