driverproblem windows 7

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

ricfal

driverproblem windows 7

Post by ricfal »

Hi!

I tried the i2m on my homecomputer with windows 7 home premium and the windows update found and installed three drivers and everything worked perfect, BUT when I try to use the i2m with my work laptop with windows 7 professional the computer search for drivers at windows update and finds drivers for the 2 USB units but NOT for the i2M musicport unit. When I compared the installed drivers it was the same for the composed but the other USB were installed as a HID and the i2M musicport wasnt found at all. The desctop editor finds the i2M on the laptop but no DAW or other musicprogram finds the i2M Midi or audio interface.

Is it possible to download the needed drivers from sonuus insted of windows update and install manually?

or any other fix?

The main use for the i2M is live with my laptop, so I do realy need it to work.

best regards
/Richard
james
Site Admin

Re: driverproblem windows 7

Post by james »

It sounds like the HID drivers (which are used by the editor) have been installed correctly, but the Audio/MIDI drivers haven't.

We don't provide our own USB drivers, you just need to use the built-in ones.

If you are happy using the Control Panel/Device Manager, it may be worth uninstalling and reinstalling the device.

Here is how:

Connect the i2M

Open the Control Panel and then open the 'System Properties'.

Select the Hardware tab and open the Device Manager from here.

At the bottom of the device list you should see 'Universal Serial Bus controllers'. Within this list you should see USB Composite Device (there may be more than one depending on the devices in your system).

Find the i2M musicport (double click on the USB Composite Device to open the properties and you should see the i2M musicport name in the Location field).
Once you have found it, close the properties, right click on the USB Composite Device and select Uninstall from the menu. Press OK to uninstall the device.

Now Unplug and replug the i2M and it should reinstall the Windows drivers for it.

Hope this helps..
ricfal

Post by ricfal »

Hi!

Thanks for your help. I had already tried to unistall and reinstall the drivers about twenty times with no luck so I found no other solution than making good backup and reinstall windows 7 on my laptop. After a fresh install of windows 7 everything worked!!! Now I just have to reinstall all programs... but the im2 is fantastic so it is worth the trouble.

/Richard
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

I'm pleased you finally got it working. Thanks for letting us know.