Just glows red

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

chdodd01

Just glows red

Post by chdodd01 »

I've had my i2Musicport for several months now and it has worked fine. However, just the other day, it stopped being recognized on my iMac and it glows red all the time.

Any suggestions on resetting it and getting the mac to recognize it an a usb input would be greatly appreciated.
james
Site Admin

Re: Just glows red

Post by james »

It may be possible that the USB connection has broken (we have seen this on a few other units).

If you connect in firmware update mode (connect while you hold down the small button on the i2M), it should flash red. In this mode, it connects as a different type of USB device. Try using the Sonuus firmware updater with the latest firmware file. If that can't find the i2M, then it is very likely there is a USB connection problem. If it can perform the firmware update, then it must be a different problem.

If it's a USB connection as described above, you need to return the unit to your retailer for a replacement under warranty.

If it's not, we can try and work with you to work out what's going on.
chdodd01

Post by chdodd01 »

Thanks for your response. I was able to start it in update mode and the updater recognized it......for about 10 seconds, then I get the "update error!" message. Also when it says to connect the device and I do, it says "no firmware on device". Then I hit update, and then I get the error message.

My i2M is still under warranty. However, I ordered it about 7 months ago ONLINE. For some reason I can't find an email trail back to where ever I ordered it from.

I did register it on the website and would really like to get some help fixing it.

Thanks,
Clayton Dodd
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Hi Clayton,

I've emailed you directly (in reply to the email you also sent us). It sounds like there is a bad USB connection. We can replace the unit (please see your email).