i2m Editor Cubase problems

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

spherizer

i2m Editor Cubase problems

Post by spherizer »

Hello.
When I open Cubase (5.53) the i2m is there and i can play Midi notes, fine.
The First Problem is:
If i change the i2m State from A(Guitar pitchbend) to B(Guitar Chromatic), there is no MIDI Input anymore.

Another Problem:
If you open the Editor and Cubase at the same time, there is MIDI Input in Cubase. fine.
But If you change Settings in the Editor, there is no MIDI Input Anymore.

We testet it in School with 2 different PCs. Both the same Problems. ( Only MIDI, no i2M ASIO Driver)

When I received the i2m first, i plugged in and played some MIDI Notes. It seemed to work well.
Then I installed the Editor. And then I tried to update the Firmware with the Editor.
First there was an Error (i2m isnt in Firmware Update Mode), then i did it wwith the normal installer. fine.
And then the Firmware Update with the Editor. fine.
But after that, it seems the i2m isnt working well, tracking bad, sustained notes, no midi Input anymore.

I´m about to send it back, but maybe you can giv some advice.
Sorry if these problems are already posted somewhere, but i dont want to read forums first to get a new product working.
james
Site Admin

Re: i2m Editor Cubase problems

Post by james »

In case there are settings problems on the i2M, you can restore the settings to the factory defaults:

In the i2M editor, go to the "setup" page, and select "reset to factory settings" in the "manage" section. You will loose any presets you have created, but it will restore everything to defaults which may help. If you have presets you want to keep, you can use the "Save All" option in the editor to save these to a file. You can then load them afterwards if you want to get them back.

If tracking problems developed after a firmware upgrade, it may be worth doing the update again (re-download the firmware in case this was corrupted in some way). This is not likely the problem since there are integrity checks in the firmware files, but it's worth exploring all options just in case.
spherizer

Post by spherizer »

I forgot to mention that I did this already.
Firmware update again and reset all settings.

Question:
Is it possible to change settings in the editor, while the i2m is used as midi Interface in the Host Software?
Or do I have to close the Software(Cubase Pro Tools etc.) to change Settings in the Editor?

Question2:
Why does the i2m stop transfering MIDI Notes when I change the Mode directly on the i2m from Guitar(pitchbend) to Guitar(chromatic)?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Question:
Is it possible to change settings in the editor, while the i2m is used as midi Interface in the Host Software?
Or do I have to close the Software(Cubase Pro Tools etc.) to change Settings in the Editor?
Yes, there is no problem changing editor settings while the i2M is being used for MIDI. Of course, it's possible there is a bug causing problems. If you do find any problem that you (and we) can reproduce, let us know and we'll fix it.
Question2:
Why does the i2m stop transfering MIDI Notes when I change the Mode directly on the i2m from Guitar(pitchbend) to Guitar(chromatic)?
This is to prevent problems such as stuck notes when switching between presets. If you have different MIDI channels or different MIDI zone settings in each preset it's quite easy to get this to happen. In the simple case of switching from pitch bend to chromatic, it ensures that the pitch-bend setting is cleared before chromatic mode is enabled, otherwise all notes could be stuck at a non-zero pitch setting.