Compatibility with Studio One by PreSonnus

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

stuartmcleod

Compatibility with Studio One by PreSonnus

Post by stuartmcleod »

Hi, is the musicport compatible with the Studio One DAW by PreSonus. A friend of mine bought along a G2M for guitar, I plugged it in using
my keyboard midi lead and it worked straight away using the samples in Studio One. I thought the musicport would work in a similar fashion
but cannot get Studio One to recognize the musicport. Is there a way around this... Alternatively which are the best samplers to use which
are compatible to the musicport. I am using a pc running windows 7.
james
Site Admin

Re: Compatibility with Studio One by PreSonnus

Post by james »

It should work fine with Studio One, but I don't have it here to check.

The i2M should appear as a standard MIDI port, so you may have to find the settings in Studio One to enable the i2M musicport MIDI-IN as a MIDI input.

Does the i2M appear as a MIDI device in other applications?
jsljustin

Re: Compatibility with Studio One by PreSonnus

Post by jsljustin »

Hi,

I am running my i2m with presonus studio one (v2) and I got it to work.

You will need to set the i2m as an external device in Studio One:

In the song window (main program window) on the menus go to: >> Studio One >> Options

Then in options click on .. "External Devices" at the top. Then click "add", then choose "New Keyboard" (very important - you need to treat this device as if it were a keyboard), then give it a name (say i2m midiport), then set the midi channels you want to send and receive on (I just set it to channel 1 but you can set it to all channels if you wish), then set the receives from and sends to - to the i2m midiport or whatever you have named your device in the i2m software interface.

Then you just add a track, say an instrument track, put your synth or other VSTi onto it, then set the appropriate channel number (in my case, channel 1) and the input to whatever you just named this external device (in my case, I set this track input to "i2m midiport"). Then you should be right to go. Open the i2m software and choose your mode and zone.

Hope this helps.

Justin