Do this, because Roland doesn't.

All general pitch-to-MIDI thoughts, suggestions, complaints, etc.

Moderators: johnmc, james

Godseyse

Do this, because Roland doesn't.

Post by Godseyse »

Hey, so I own the G2M and I must say it's pretty cool!

I decided to go ahead and buy the G2M, mainly because I didn't want to have to fork out almost $1,000 dollars for a Guitar Midi converter/pedalboard with built-in cheesy synths (Roland GR-55.)

I had no need for their synths, because I have plenty of my own on my computer... however... ...

I actually "settled" for the G2M really. What I actually wanted was a rack-mountable Guitar to Midi converter, much like the Axon, which is now discontinued. It seemed as if these rack-mountable Guitar Midi converters used to be actually quite popular back in the day, until for some reason they stopped! Now, the only people who seem to offer Guitar to Midi conversion is You and Roland, but not even Roland, the "Leaders in Guitar Synthesis" have a rack-mountable Guitar to Midi converter.

By no means do I regret purchasing the G2M when I say that I "settled." I would much rather have this thing than some big bulky pedalboard/synthesizer/Guitar-Midi converter. I'm sure a lot of other people would also agree. Sometimes, almost all of the time, simple is best, and that is exactly what I like about the G2M.

The only downside is the fact that we are limited to playing in monophonic only. If I had one wish, I would wish that you guys would make a simple and basic rack-mountable Guitar to Midi converter for use with the Roland divided pick-ups so that we could have the ability to play polyphonic passages on our guitar/bass.

I don't know why companies stopped making rack-mountable Guitar to Midi converters, it's extremely disappointing, however... You guys could do it! You'd be the only company to offer them at this point, seeing as how everyone else discontinued theirs.

It's time to bring back the Rack's! :D

I think a lot of people would prefer a simple rack Guitar to Midi converter over an "all-in-one GuitarMidi/Pedalboard/synthesizer," because most of us probably already have all that but the actual hardware to convert the Guitar to Midi data. What do you think?

Who else thinks Sonuus should do this? How about a show of hands...

I'll start.

*Godsesyse raises his hand.*

:)
james
Site Admin

Re: Do this, because Roland doesn't.

Post by james »

I do agree with you. I think a standalone converter has lots of advantages over the all-in-one approach. It's something we are thinking about, but nothing concrete as yet.

We'd very much like to hear the views of current, and potential, users of our products to see what everyone thinks.
Godseyse

Re: Do this, because Roland doesn't.

Post by Godseyse »

Yes! I think we all will agree that this is definitely the next step you guys should take! :D
You'll be offering something that they (competition) no longer offer. Everyone will forget all about their Roland's and trade it in for something better and more simple. We will no longer be bound by the tyranny of pedalboards or unnecessary synth sounds which we will more than likely never use. I really hope you guys do go through with this! You would be doing something for the Guitar-Midi community that no one else has done for a while now.

I'm getting excited thinking about the possibilities...
:mrgreen:

C'mon you guys... Let Sonuus know we need this! ;)