24bit/48khz Audio Interface

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

Henrii

24bit/48khz Audio Interface

Post by Henrii »

Hi

This is my first time post here. My aplogy if I haven't read all the posts here.Would like to know if there's any in development for 24bit/48khz re i2M audio interface mode? Because I am looking for another portable audio interface too. if you can do 96khz that would be great.

Also I read some latency issue of the current i2M in DAW. driver issue?

And how about using i2M audio interface mode on ampsim, like Scuffham S-Gear? TH2, Revalver, Amplitube? have how about it's latency?

Thanks.
james
Site Admin

Re: 24bit/48khz Audio Interface

Post by james »

We don't have a 24-bit interface in the pipeline currently, but it's probably something we will do in the future.

The latency is due to the i2M being an input-only device (it has no audio out), so the audio output needs to be routed through another device. To do this without glitches, the audio needs to be sample-rate-converted and this process adds some latency (extra buffering is required to prevent drop-outs). Often the extra latency is low enough that it isn't noticeable, but it really depends on the output device. The latency of the i2M audio itself is very low.

The i2M works great with amp-sims. We have had lots of good reports of the nice tone of the i2M pre-amp, and how it interacts with amp sims.
Henrii

Post by Henrii »

Yeah, there's no audio out. I'll test my laptop and my external audio interface, to see that if my laptop internal soundcard is capable of this audio out without big latency or crackling.

1.) guitar > my audio interface > USB cable > laptop > speaker monitor

Or is it possible to use my external audio interface as an audio output, while the audio input is i2M?

2.) guitar > i2M > laptop > USB cable > my audio interface > speaker monitor

If all goes well on number 1.. then it is ok for number 2?

Thanks for reply
Henrii

Post by Henrii »

with my laptop I am planning to use i2M for live use.
Henrii

Post by Henrii »

Just tested it. While my USB audio interface is connected, it is not possible for audio routing on my laptop internal soundcard audio output.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Are you using a Windows laptop? If so you need to use our ASIO driver for the i2M to be able to use another device for audio output. Our driver handles the audio mixing and the routing to another device. Instructions are including the a pdf with the ASIO driver.

But, some audio devices aren't supported by our driver, and in this case ASIO4All (http://www.asio4all.com/) can be used instead. Depending on the hardware, sometimes our driver works best, sometimes ASIO4All works best.

Of course, your software has to support ASIO for this to work.
Henrii

Post by Henrii »

That's good to hear, your driver can route. Yes i'm on WINDOWS 7 64 BIT. audio interface is M-Audio mobile pre. I don't know about asio4all, I haven't have much luck with it, tried on my 3 laptops.. too much latency that is unsuable for live use, literally. I may be missing something though.

I will read the pdf.

Thanks for your reply James,