Amplitude to aftertouch

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

lampwiikk

Amplitude to aftertouch

Post by lampwiikk »

Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible to add a feature to the hardware where an increase or decrease in the amplitude of the signal, after the initial note on signal, could be used to send aftertouch information? I would love to have this ability, as I often play with an Ebow on my guitar, and can get some very interesting swells and effects from it, but of course when triggering a wind instrument or choir or whatever, it doesn't give the same dynamic. This feature might add some additional functionality for other bowed instruments too. Thanks for your time, hope this feature might be a possibility.
james
Site Admin

Re: Amplitude to aftertouch

Post by james »

This can be done now, but using MIDI controllers rather than aftertouch.

On the "mode" page of the i2M editor, enable "breath controller". You can then select which MIDI controller this sends on.

I'm sure this could be extended to send "Channel Aftertouch" instead of a MIDI controller. I'll add it to the feature request list.
lampwiikk

Re: Amplitude to aftertouch

Post by lampwiikk »

Thanks for the heads up on the Breath Control feature, that should come in handy. And yeah, it would be cool to be able to send aftertouch...