Brand new Non Functioning Pedal

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

james
Site Admin

Re: Brand new Non Functioning Pedal

Post by james »

We'll replace it as soon as possible once you ship it back to us. The post will be unpredictable until after 2nd January, so if you want to wait until then before sending it back to us then at least you have it over the holidays to play with. Are you happy with this suggestion? Hopefully you will still have a lot of fun with it. If the pedal starts working again, still send it back -- it needs to be repaired.

Again, I am very sorry you had this trouble.
mabotofu

Post by mabotofu »

Hello, just an update:
I've finally managed to pick up my replacement Wahoo unit (I was away for the holidays)
Thank you James! :)
I just want to mention that the customer support was excellent: really quick to reply all my questions and to resolve the problem.
I guess some risks involving early adopters are inevitable: but I'm happy to acknowledge that the good people at Sonuus are working hard to keep customers happy! Good Job!
The unit sounds sweet! It's time for me to finally dig in to it! (with guitar, bass and analog monosyths)
Cheers!
dajogi

Post by dajogi »

hi!

have the same problem, but it occurred just after 2 weeks of using it. everything works, except pedal. it doesnt matter if i use usb power or external once.

beside that fact, i love it!

regards.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

dajogi, sorry to hear that.

Please check the pedal really is dead (we found in some cases USB suspend could cause a similar problem, but this clears after the Wahoo is powered off for a few minutes -- we're going to remove "USB suspend" for future firmware because of this).

Do the following:

(1) Enter pedal calibration mode (hold down FILTER1/2 button and the MODE encoder for 4 seconds). The 7-seg display will show "CAL".

(2) Move the pedal back and forward and see what numbers you get. It should be around 290 in heel-down, and 490 in toe-down. The actual numbers aren't critical, but they should be around this if working correctly.

(3) Press SAVE will exit calibration mode.

(4) If the numbers in (2) look sensible, the pedal should be working again.

Did you get the pedal directly from Sonuus in the UK, or elsewhere?
dajogi

Post by dajogi »

hi!

thx for the reply. got the pedal directly from u. i will try it out this evening, maybe its working again.

i keep u informed ;)

cheers.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Regarding USB Suspend mentioned above, we've just released a new Wahoo firmware (version 1.1.02). This removes the USB suspend function so it should avoid problems with the pedal / unit sleeping in error. So, please try that too, just to be sure.
dajogi

Post by dajogi »

hey james!

many thx, with the new firmware update the pedal is working again! back in fun mode!

wish u a nice evening!

cheers. jogi
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Awesome!
dajogi

Post by dajogi »

yeah, it is!
dajogi

Post by dajogi »

hi james!

it died again.. the pedal isnt working anymore. think i have to sent it back to get a replacement.

can u contact me for further steps.

many thx man!

cheers. jogi