Export/Import Wahoo setup per file

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

eriky

Export/Import Wahoo setup per file

Post by eriky »

Hi,
For some devices they call the setup of sounds 'patches', e.g. on an Akai Electronic Wind Instrument (EWI), i.e. the saved setup in slot nr. 042 that is called 'trumpet' has actually these values for all settings.
Can we export/import the settings of al Fxx and Pxx memory banks to a flat file or XML or CSV?
That would also support me in better understanding what the different setups sounds like and what is the very reason for their different sound characteristic.
And of course I can share/exchange then my 'patches' with the user community.

Additionally I like to request that some kind of documentation update is supplied that lists at least the names of the Fxx presets, e.g. as listed in the Sonuus Wahoo Editor, where the names of the preset-groups (e.g. group 00-09) are shown in the user interface, and also the individual long names of the presets. This helps in memorization of the effects and also looking for potentially interesting presets.

Thanks,
Erik
james
Site Admin

Re: Export/Import Wahoo setup per file

Post by james »

It would be possible to do this. With the Desktop Editor, all the information is clearly presented, with program names having longer descriptions.

Regarding the documentation, it wasn't possible to include all the program names in the manual, because they weren't finalised when the manual went to print (many months ago). Again, these are all clearly shown in the DesktopEditor when you select a program (the menu shows the programs grouped into catagories).
eriky

Re: Export/Import Wahoo setup per file

Post by eriky »

FYI: on this page http://www.sonuus.com/products_wahoo_docs.html one can find a PDF with Wahoo Editor screenshots of all the presets.
And saving and loading of presets is a standard feature of the current Wahoo Editor program.
Thanks Sonuus!