List of Compatible Apps

The Sonuus G2M™ iOS app

Moderators: johnmc, james

Akamarko

List of Compatible Apps

Post by Akamarko »

Just wondering if there is an official list of compatible apps. Seems it should work with all core midi but Apps like Sampletank and Sunrizer are a no go.
TedBPhx

Re: List of Compatible Apps

Post by TedBPhx »

Animoog and Addictie Synth work here.
No go on Cubasis, Garage Band, or Crystal XT.

IPad 3, Sonoma GJ 2
Akamarko

Post by Akamarko »

TedBPhx wrote:Animoog and Addictie Synth work here.

IPad 3, Sonoma GJ 2
what? Not even Garageband? Strange, that one always works for me. I'm on iPad 2 ios 6.0.1
And it's a go with Cubais or as mentioned in another thread. I wonder why we are having completely different experience with G2M?
i'm using Line 6 Mobile In or input.
scodav

Post by scodav »

Novation's free Launchkey works, but I found a good deal of latency compared to Animoog.
TedBPhx

Post by TedBPhx »

Akamarko wrote:
TedBPhx wrote:Animoog and Addictie Synth work here.

IPad 3, Sonoma GJ 2
what? Not even Garageband? Strange, that one always works for me. I'm on iPad 2 ios 6.0.1
And it's a go with Cubais or as mentioned in another thread. I wonder why we are having completely different experience with G2M?
i'm using Line 6 Mobile In or input.
I even deleted and reinstalled the app.
Find it curious that I can't change the filter level or the midi channel.
scodav

Post by scodav »

I tried Garageband, and for me it "works". I say "works" because sounds are triggered, but each keyboard instrument has a different response. Some have long latency; the best one was the electric piano. I didn't have to set anything up on it. (I'm on an iPad3) On G2M, make sure you don't accidentally leave it on the tuner (which I did once).

Ted, can you compare the response on the Animoog and Addictive? Animoog works pretty well for me.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

GarageBand works, but as scodav says you may get different results on different patches.

Also, unless you are running iOS6, Garageband won't run in the background, so you need to have the G2M running in the background and GarageBand in the foreground (even works on my first gen iPad).
Akamarko

Post by Akamarko »

james wrote:GarageBand works, but as scodav says you may get different results on different patches.
I'm assuming that more complex patches use up more cpu? Say this because I've been using G2M with Alchemy and as anyone can tell you, those patches are quite complex. Some sounds are fine but many have broken up audio when triggered through G2M.

It might also be ideal to do a hard reset on your iPad before a playing session to freshen up the ram, etc.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

We found on some synths/patches, they can't handle the G2M using it's low latency mode which also increases CPU usage. So, maybe try to turn that off (in G2M settings "Low Latency mode") and see if it helps.

Certainly, it's possible that some synths use so much CPU that even with the G2M's low CPU usage it is still too high.
Akamarko

Post by Akamarko »

Thanks James, I'll try that and post any significant result.