How to???

The B2M™ Universal Bass to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

Grooveplayer

How to???

Post by Grooveplayer »

I am an very old analog guy. I would like to connect my bass via the B2M into a good easy to use software program. I am interested in good upright bass sounds from my electric bass. Can anyone recommend the product? Also how difficult to make the setup/interface happen? I need a proven system. So I would appreciate input from people that are currently using the software. Any tips would be appreciated. As mentioned I am outside the digital world just looking in. Lol
Thanks!!!!
Grooveplayer

Re: How to???

Post by Grooveplayer »

Almost forgot. I woul like to output the software into my live stage rig. Thanks!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

As a start, here's a video of Uriah Duffy using the i2M musicport (like the B2M but connects directly to a computer via USB) in his live rig. He's configured some switching so he can route the signal into the i2M when he needs it.

http://youtu.be/EX26r7ipvA8
Grooveplayer

Post by Grooveplayer »

Thanks, this video shows me the way. However can I run the software for Garage Band on an Apple tablet? Has anyone done this with the i2M?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

You can use the i2M with an iPad, using the Camera Connection Kit to connect it to the dock connector. See this video:

http://youtu.be/Hmawpl6cIaQ

The i2M editor doesn't run on an iPad, but you can configure it on a PC/Mac and save 4 presets on the i2M itself, and then use these on the iPad. Garage band works well with the iPad and the i2M, please see this video for a demo:

http://youtu.be/jfwhWvA6pH0
Grooveplayer

Post by Grooveplayer »

So basically I should first connect the i2m to my laptop (windows7), than the Sonuus menu for setup will allow me to set it to a 4 string bass setting, (that's what I play). Now I can take the i2m and connect it to an Apple I Pad via the USB adapter and that's it. I'll run the Garage Band on the iPad.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Yes, that's basically it.

However, out of the box, the i2M has four presets: two for "guitar" and two for "5-string bass". Either of these will still work with 4-string bass. I suggest first trying "guitar" mode first to see how you get on. Only if you have problems with the very lowest notes, switch to 4-string mode. So you can use it immediately without using the editor. The editor lets you configure a lot more things that you will find useful once you start using it.

The guitar modes light the Sonuus logo green: on = pitch-bend mode, flashing = chromatic mode.
Grooveplayer

Post by Grooveplayer »

Thanks. I will pick up my Sonuus today!