B2M latency issues

The B2M™ Universal Bass to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

squizzercrow

Re: B2M latency issues

Post by squizzercrow »

Thanks for the response - glad its not just me!

I'll have another go this evening and let you know the results. When I first got the unit I was worried about overdriving it and started with the on-bass volume half-full and then increased it to full and no clip light. I'll see if I can get it to light tonight.

Cheers
squizzercrow

Post by squizzercrow »

OK, responding a little later than intended ;-)

No, no clip light so banged my OCD clone in front and things do seem better. There is still some latency but not too much as to be as unworkable as it was. I've not got a chance to give it a more serious workout until the middle of the week so will report back then. However, I'm not happy that I have to stick the OCD in front - it won't work with my live setup where the OCD comes after a looper and where I was intending to ABY the the B2M before there, neither would I be happy to add yet another processor in the chain simply to boost the signal in order to keep the B2M reasonably happy - if nothing else it'll simply increases my costs. I don't suppose there's a way to change input sensitivity on the inside of the b2m is there?

Cheers
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

What bass have you got? Usually there are no problems with input signal level, unless it's really low (e.g., a low-output dynamic mic).

Maybe there is an issue with the level on your B2M?

It is possible to change the gain inside, but it would require changing some resistors in the circuit. If that's of interest to you, I can certainly give you some instructions.