Adjusting tension/stiffness of pedal treadle

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

NWeiland

Re: Adjusting tension/stiffness of pedal treadle

Post by NWeiland »

james wrote:The best way is using a 10mm spanner. There aren't any specific instructions for this, but I find it easiest if the Wahoo is upside down with the back of the pedal (USB connections) facing you. Move the pedal heel-down so you can get into the nut. Then it's just a case of finding the correct position where the spanner can grip the nut. Do this by moving the spanner and pedal position until it works. You want to move the nut anti-clockwise, so either keep the spanner stationary and close the pedal, or keep the pedal open and move the spanner. Sometimes one way is easier than the other.
maybe make a sticky?? with instructions?
grahamspice

Post by grahamspice »

NWeiland wrote:
james wrote:The best way is using a 10mm spanner. There aren't any specific instructions for this, but I find it easiest if the Wahoo is upside down with the back of the pedal (USB connections) facing you. Move the pedal heel-down so you can get into the nut. Then it's just a case of finding the correct position where the spanner can grip the nut. Do this by moving the spanner and pedal position until it works. You want to move the nut anti-clockwise, so either keep the spanner stationary and close the pedal, or keep the pedal open and move the spanner. Sometimes one way is easier than the other.
maybe make a sticky?? with instructions?
I agree. This should be a sticky post here.

I have a Wahoo with a very sticky pedal that I need to adjust. Could you include a picture of the 10mm spanner that works well for this?

Thanks very much for providing this information to us end users
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

I can't find my spanner to take a photo, but here's a link to a similar one: https://www.cromwell.co.uk/shop/hand-to ... EN5824140K

I've also made this post sticky.
grahamspice

Post by grahamspice »

james wrote:I can't find my spanner to take a photo, but here's a link to a similar one: https://www.cromwell.co.uk/shop/hand-to ... EN5824140K

I've also made this post sticky.
Perfect! Thanks very much, James. Have a great day, my friend
grahamspice

Post by grahamspice »

Yay! I borrowed a 10mm spanner and loosened my pedal. Now it rocks perfectly with no stiffness. Thanks so much for your help!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

:D great
PaulMcD

Post by PaulMcD »

I realise this is an old thread but can you please send me the instructions too, as my wahoo is totally unusable with how tight it is. It takes pressure to move it and makes a loud creak when it does, and its horrible I haven't been able to use it in over a year. I'd love to be able to use it again since its quite nice.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Here's a link to download the adjustment guide.

http://www.sonuus.com/downloads/Wahoo_P ... _Guide.pdf
BeLiNdA

Post by BeLiNdA »

I've had the same problem. And no matter how hard I tightened up the rack gear, the treadle kept going down.
All I know is that after I had tightened up those 2 screws (see pic below), the treadle stayed perfectly in place at any travel of the sweep.
[​IMG]
I've done this to my wah a year ago and since I have never had this kind of problem.
John