Sonuus Snapdragon Travel Guitar

For discussion of prototypes and ideas that have not yet made it into production. Help shape the future!

Moderators: johnmc, james

james
Site Admin

Sonuus Snapdragon Travel Guitar

Post by james »

Here's a preview of a new Sonuus guitar we are working on, in collaboration with another UK company, SnapDragon Guitars.

It's a travel guitar, which means it's not only easy to take anywhere but is packed with features that mean you don't need to take much else on your travels.

Not only is it small, but it folds in half to make it tiny! A proper guitar that fits in a briefcase.

A short video

At The Guitar Show in Birmingham 2017, we shot a video with Guitar Nerds. You if you want to see and learn more, check this out: https://youtu.be/qrd19ds1IXw

Feel free to ask questions, etc.
Jahloon

Re: Sonuus Snapdragon Travel Guitar

Post by Jahloon »

Is the MIDI output a single channel driven by all strings, or will you have an option to process all strings individually like Roland/Graphtec/RMC units?
Author of the book, Fretless Guitar - The Definitive Guide
Producer of the double CD "Village of the Unfretted" - World's Fretless Guitarists
Webmaster: Unfretted.com
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Just now, the MIDI output is solo (essentially it's a Sonuus G2M/i2M doing the processing). But it's certainly possible to add a multi-channel pickup and do each string individually. It just needs a bit more electronics, and of course a split pickup.
Stevo

Post by Stevo »

:ugeek: A great prototype! Love it.
Jahloon

Post by Jahloon »

james wrote:Just now, the MIDI output is solo (essentially it's a Sonuus G2M/i2M doing the processing). But it's certainly possible to add a multi-channel pickup and do each string individually. It just needs a bit more electronics, and of course a split pickup.
A SONUUS based 6 channel non-piezo pickup would certainly be appreciated. As a single drive I think it out-performs the Roland and RMC units.
Author of the book, Fretless Guitar - The Definitive Guide
Producer of the double CD "Village of the Unfretted" - World's Fretless Guitarists
Webmaster: Unfretted.com
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

A SONUUS based 6 channel non-piezo pickup would certainly be appreciated. As a single drive I think it out-performs the Roland and RMC units.
Yes, I agree!
tydacor

Post by tydacor »

I like the idea. I hope it has a built in tuner. Will be nice if the midi output is polyphonic. I own the i2M and it is the best so far at converting audio to midi. Unfortunately it is only monophonic. Any idea of the release time. Right now I am looking to buy a travel guitar and this seems like the perfect solution for me. But I don't want to wait for ever.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Not sure of the release time yet. It's still at the planning stage.

To speed it up, we might do a cut-down version first with less electronics. So maybe the looper, but not pitch-to-MIDI nor USB audio.
joshedwards

Post by joshedwards »

Small and light enough to carry on-board.Our very own guitar tech and sales rep Matt's band Mandeville are up for two .
Clarinetcarl

Post by Clarinetcarl »

wow...looks good.

make a bass version and ill defintely support this concept.
x