Software improvement suggestions

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

Flop54

Re: Software improvement suggestions

Post by Flop54 »

hello,

Sorry for my impatience but how long you think you can update the software on the reset lfo?

Thank you very much.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

We haven't looked at this yet, but I think there won't be any problems. We'll take a look at doing this very quickly and release a special test version for you to try (it won't be an official release yet). There's another change for envelope tracking that we're going to release in the same way... I'll see how quickly I can get it to you.
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

Thank you very much..
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Here is a beta firmware with this change: version 1.1.03.

When the effect is enabled, the LFO position is reset so that it restarts at the same point each time.

It also has changes to the envelope follower so that this can track drops in the envelope more quickly.
Attachments
Wahoo_1_0103.sfu
Wahoo firmware version 1.1.03 (beta)
(104.05 KiB) Downloaded 908 times
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

thank you very much!!

Tested and approuved!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Great -- thanks for letting me know it is ok for you.
IanCon

Post by IanCon »

I think someone touched on the same idea as me (with beat division from midi clock) but I think it would be really awesome if the pedal was controlling the division/rhythmic value in LFO mode. I've been using the pedal to make dubstep like wah sounds, and I have the pedal controlling the BPM. what I want to do is have the pedal scroll through different rhythmic values, say, quarter note to 16th notes, and have every position of the foot pedal quantized to an exact note value (so if the pedal is about half way down it makes 8th notes, etc.) if there is already a way to do this with the software, please let me know.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Controlling the "div" of the LFO isn't currently possible with the pedal, but it is something we plan to add in a future update.
IanCon

Post by IanCon »

Sweet. if you get a beta version out, I'd love to try it!
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

Hello,
I compared my wahoo has a Subdecay Prometheus dlx. So it gave me an idea but I do not know if this is possible and if I can make myself understood ...

Currently the two filters work in parallel with a balance button. Is it possible that both hi and lo filtre1 parameters are modified according to the race of the filter 2? The best thing is that we can apply the curve hi or lo or two.
We would have a button "combine filters" with a parameter "hi lo or both". When the filters are combined, the balance button would be unusable but the parameters would move along the curve of the filter 2 ..
I hope that this improvement is possible because I think it could take the pedal even further!
And also by the voluum could get such a tremolo with maximum volume increases as a measure of the race and not the minimum volume ..

I hope I was clear!

Florent