Software improvement suggestions

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

james
Site Admin

Re: Software improvement suggestions

Post by james »

Florent,

Thanks for your suggestion, but I don't think I understand exactly what you mean. I think you want filter 1 to track filter 2, but I don't understand exactly what you want to do.
And also by the voluum could get such a tremolo with maximum volume increases as a measure of the race and not the minimum volume ..
I don't know what you mean by "race". Certainly, it is possible to control the LFO speed by the signal envelope: so as you play harder the LFO can go faster (or slower, if you prefer). I don't know if that is what you mean or not.
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

james wrote:Florent,

Thanks for your suggestion, but I don't think I understand exactly what you mean. I think you want filter 1 to track filter 2, but I don't understand exactly what you want to do.
And also by the voluum could get such a tremolo with maximum volume increases as a measure of the race and not the minimum volume ..
I don't know what you mean by "race". Certainly, it is possible to control the LFO speed by the signal envelope: so as you play harder the LFO can go faster (or slower, if you prefer). I don't know if that is what you mean or not.
Now sorry but it's not what i mean sorry for my bad english. It's very difficult to explain.
I'll try to make you understand this with an example of volume. imagine that we can combine the two with lfo ​​parameter as the minimum volume, maximum volume or both.
If I combine the two LFO with parameter max I have a tremolo like this: 0% 25% 0% 50% 0% 75% 0% 100%

If I combine the two LFO with parameter min I have a tremolo this: 0% 100% 25% 100% 50% 100% 75% 100%

If I combine the two LFO Both the parameter I have a tremolo this: 0% 25% 20% 50% 40% 75% 60% 100%

With the wahoo is more complicated because we have two parameters Q and frequency ...
You understand me a little better?
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

I try to draw the curve will wahoo if the LFO is combined with the parameter lo who "suffers" the same change in the parameter curve lfo2

Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

sorry when I read my post again I'm not on be understandable .. On the software hi and lo points are fixed and I want them to move in close to make even more customizable.
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

I do not know if it would give the same thing as my previous idea but now the mix of the two filters looks like you have 2 wahoo in parallel. would it be possible to have the same in series???
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

It is not possible to make the filters in series (instead of the current parallel configuration) without a hardware change. Also, when in series, only certain combinations will work well. Very often, the first filter and second filter will act on different frequencies. If set to band-pass, most of the time there won't be much signal getting through to the end: e.g., filter 1 is a band-pass around 400Hz, and filter 2 is a band-pass around 800Hz, you get almost no signal output because filter 1 removes the frequencies that filter 2 would be passing.

That's why they are configured in parallel.
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

Ok thank you! And what about my fist idea? I will try to wake you a clearly explain...I actually understand the problem if both filters are in series but in my other idea you do not use the second filter as a filter but as parameter to vary the position of the filter 1. This means that the position of hi and lo is not important, the path between the lo and hi is used to apply the hi or lo or both. I'm sorry to belabour..

Here is a series of image to show how I would react the wahoo.
The preset would be :

bass-evolution.com/fx/test.wahoo

first example:
- The two parameters of the filter 1 undergo a change related to race filter 2

second example:
- Just one filter Lo suffered a change related to race filter 2

third example:
- Hi just one suffered a filter change related to the race of the filter 2
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Thank you for your detailed explanation. Now I think I understand it.

So, you could think of filter 2 as an "offset" that is applied to filter 1. So, if filter 2 can go from 250 - 1050Hz, this amount could be added to filter 1. Filter 1 LO was 150Hz, so this could now be modulated to go from (250+150=400) to (1050+150=1200)?

Similarly, you could apply this to either LO or HI or both at the same time.

I think its a very good idea and the same could be done with resonance too.

An offset like I describe doesn't exactly match what you've shown on the graphs, so maybe that's not exactly what to do, but maybe close enough?
Flop54

Post by Flop54 »

it's almost that except that we do not have the same rules mathematic I take the difference between hi and lo. I was thinking more:
Filter 1 LO was 150Hz, so This Could now be modulated to go from (150) to (150 + (1050-250) = 950)

But after the important thing is the idea I'm not completely stuck on the formula.

I'm glad we are to be understood and that you find the idea interesting!

yyyyyeessss! :D
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

I've taken a note of this and will investigate for a firmware update. Right now, too busy with the new Voluum pedal to spend much time looking at this, but I think it looks like fun!