CME U2MIDI Interface and Sonus G2M Not Working

The G2M™ Universal Guitar to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

mysticaltiger

CME U2MIDI Interface and Sonus G2M Not Working

Post by mysticaltiger »

Hello

I hope you can help me. I just purchased a G2M and a CME U2MIDI V2 but when I plug them in the G2M does not show up under XP SP3. I have a Korg nanoKey usb keyboard and it works fine. I even disconnected it thinking there could be some conflict there. But still no G2M listed.

When I connected the U2MIDI and G2M XP automatically installed the drivers for it. But under Anvil Studio or Acid Express 7.0 there is no listing for it in the driver selection drop down for MIDI Input Device. There is no listing for the G2M under Control Panel - Sound Speech Audio Devices as there is for the nanoKeyboard.

The tuner seems to be working on the G2M and the midi light blinks when I play a note.

One thing I have noticed is that XP makes the sound of a connecting usb device quite a few times when the U2MIDI interface is plugged and unplugged. Not just once or twice as you would expect a normal usb device to cause. Also there seems to be a longer delay than I would normally expect before the U2MIDI is recognized and XP plays the usb "connection" and "disconnection" sounds. Not sure why it is making the "disconnection" sound at all when I'm not disconnecting it.

The U2MIDI does show up under usb audio devices under device manager and is listed at location 0. Windows also reports that the device is working properly.

I hope you can help trouble shoot this issue. I am anxious to start enjoying my U2M.

Thanks In Advance,
Jim
johnmc
Site Admin

Re: CME U2MIDI Interface and Sonus G2M Not Working

Post by johnmc »

Hi Jim,

From your description it looks like the G2M is working ok because the MIDI light is flashing. It sounds like the problem is with the CME interface or its driver installation. Have you tried reinstalling the drivers for it? Are there any updated drivers for it on the internet?

The G2M itself won't show up as a device on the PC as it is just a MIDI device.