Help. Guitar- i2m- laptop- speaker.

The i2M musicport™ MIDI Converter & Hi-Z USB Audio Interface

Moderators: johnmc, james

TeeKoo2015

Help. Guitar- i2m- laptop- speaker.

Post by TeeKoo2015 »

Why guitar sound dosent change when it goes thru to speakers. Everything is load from sonuus correctly. How can i have for examle saxophone voice. Lap top is windows 10. Any tips.
james
Site Admin

Re: Help. Guitar- i2m- laptop- speaker.

Post by james »

I need more information.

Are you using the i2M musicport ASIO driver? If so, have you configured the output device in the ASIO driver?

What software are you using for the Saxophone sounds? Can you get any sounds if you just play something directly from that software?
TeeKoo2015

Post by TeeKoo2015 »

james wrote:I need more information.

Are you using the i2M musicport ASIO driver? If so, have you configured the output device in the ASIO driver?

What software are you using for the Saxophone sounds? Can you get any sounds if you just play something directly from that software?
Ok. I have to check out asio output first, then i return.
TeeKoo2015

Post by TeeKoo2015 »

TeeKoo2015 wrote:
james wrote:I need more information.

Ok. I have to check out asio output first, then i return.
Hi again. Sorry my bad english. I loaded and installed Asio: C:\Programfiles\sonuus\i2MmusicportAsio\i2m-musicport-asio.dll. Now, where i can find a button to open Asio Control panel. Is it necessary to use Asio? When I played guitar musicport Mode1, intrument: guitar, Midi configuration C,legato detection: on, breath controller: off, program change: 1, velocity filter: off, velocity curve: Compress 1, breath curve: Linear. Zone area: Zone1 on, gate: c-1 g9, Hold: on, pitch mode: pitch bend, send ctrl 10, trans 0, constainer: on c1 g9, note extend off, midi channel 1. Now when I played I can hear only normal guitar sound, nothing change. What I am doing wrong.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

The i2M musicport has two functions: (1) a MIDI Converter; (2) an audio input (interface). If you only want to do MIDI conversion you only need to use the MIDI conversion(1); if you also want to use it for the guitar sound, you can use (2).

It is easiest to start with just the MIDI converter...

The i2M appears like any other USB MIDI Device (e.g., a MIDI keyboard). You don't need to worry about the i2M ASIO, but you use whatever audio output you already have (built in to your computer, for example).

Configure your software the same as if you were using a USB MIDI keyboard. What software are you using? Usually you need to select the i2M "MIDI-IN" port as a source of MIDI in your software. Then assign this as an input to the track on which you have the synth/software instrument.

Different software does this in different ways, so I can't explain how to do this in detail unless I know the software you are using.

For ASIO...

The ASIO control panel is usually available as an option somewhere in your software. Again, this is different for all software, so I can't answer this exactly just now.