Footswitch is loose/wiggling/falling out

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

Draven777

Footswitch is loose/wiggling/falling out

Post by Draven777 »

Hello!
I just need some quick help. My food switch is REALLY lose, seems to be only hanging on by a thread (or whatever it is attached to inside). I'm afraid to keep using it and cause some real damage if I end up knocking it off. I tried looking at it, and it doesnt seem like I can tighten it up from the outside. Do I have to open the housing up to fix the switch? Could you guys lend me some pointers real quick. I use this this pedal alot in my bands somgs and need it fixed as soon as possible. Thank you kindly for all your help! :)
james
Site Admin

Re: Footswitch is loose/wiggling/falling out

Post by james »

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I've been away the last few days.

You should just be able to tighten the nut on the outside of the footswitch. This holds the switch in position. But don't over-tighten it or you could damage the switch, so just tighten enough to make it secure.

If that's not the problem and its still loose inside, it could mean the switch has been damaged (or failed) and the switch has come off of the threaded part that comes out of the case (which can happen if the outside nut gets over-tightened).

To check this, you need to open the bottom of the Wahoo. Simply unscrew all of the screws on the bottom plate and the plate will come off. You will then be able to see the switch. The square plastic part should be firmly attached to the metal threaded part (that you see outside the case). Please check this and let me know what you find.
Draven777

Post by Draven777 »

HI James,
Sorry for the long delay in replying as well. I wasn't able to tighten the switch on the outside of the unit. Seems like that is already tight, so the problem must be internal. I haven't been able to open it up yet to take a look. I should be able to do that tonight or tomorrow. I'll let you know what I find out. If I can't secure the foot switch internally, what other options are there? would I need to send the pedal out to be repaired? or would Sonuus just send me a replacement switch and I have it repaired here?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

We would send you a replacement switch. It's easy to replace, but you need to solder 2 wires.
Draven777

Post by Draven777 »

Hi James quick question. What kind of USB does the wahoo take? I've been trying to update the firmware through a friends computer but I can't find a correct USB to use on this. Thanks! Also It doesnt look like the switch is broken off the plastic piece inside. So I'll try to tighten it when I can get the right wrench size. Thabks James.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

It's standard USB (USB-B) connector, the most common type (i.e., not phone charger "micro" type).

Switch --ok.
Draven777

Post by Draven777 »

Hi James, I apologize drarly for comtinuing to be a bother with this. But for the life of me I can not find a USB cable to fit the input on the wahoo. It almost resembles an ethernet cable input. Would you have any product recomendations or links to a cable that I could check out by any chance? Sorry again for the inconvenience my friend!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Draven777

Post by Draven777 »

Hi James, it took a hot minute to find, but I think I found the correct cable! Sorry to be a bother!
Draven777

Post by Draven777 »

Whoops, I didnt see you already replied. Thank you kindly for the help though!