Sleep Mode

The B2M™ Universal Bass to MIDI Converter.

Moderators: johnmc, james

StickPlayer

Sleep Mode

Post by StickPlayer »

Is there any way to defeat the 'sleep mode' (or battery save mode)?

I don't use a battery as it is (using a 1-Spot to power the B2M).

Although it's a smart thing, I have to manually restart the B2M occasionally if I wait too long.
james
Site Admin

Re: Sleep Mode

Post by james »

The only way to prevent sleep being activated is to ensure the B2M receives a signal from time-to-time. As soon as it detects something to measure, it will reset the sleep timer for another 30 minutes.
StickPlayer

Post by StickPlayer »

Okay, thanks!

I can work with that.
AndrewKeebs

Post by AndrewKeebs »

You might can try x2M plug in rather then this. I can understand your situation because I had faced this kind of situation with B2M supporting service. But finally that is resolved now and hope same thing for you as well.
Balthazar

Post by Balthazar »

the x2M plug in rather then this. We can understand the situation because all are had faced this kind of situation with B2M supporting service. But finally that is resolved now and hope same thing for you as well.
crex

Post by crex »

The one problem with this solution is that if you do take a 30 minute break (say between sets), you have to physically disconnect the input to get this puppy back online. This is kind of a pain if you have everything locked down on a pedal board. I wanted to try to feed the 9V from an external source, a wall-wart, and break the connection with a momentary switch. This would act as a reset. James, is this a reasonable solution?

c-rex
(bass player for www.lonewolfjames.com)
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Yes, this will work fine. Breaking the 9V connection will reset the unit.

The only thing you need to watch is that the first notes after the reset may not have the same MIDI velocity response as before the reset because it needs at least one strong note to adjust it's internal levels. But this isn't normally a problem, just something you should be aware of when you do this so you don't get caught out.
ficelles

Post by ficelles »

Any update on disabling sleep mode / taking external power? A pedalboard-friendly B2M would be great :)

ficelles
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

It's something we are working on :D Keep watching.