Presets not saving

For the Voluum™ Digitally-Controlled Analogue Volume Effects Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

apossibleworld

Re: Presets not saving

Post by apossibleworld »

Hello, I am trying this some more. Does the pedal position indicator (what do you call it?) only showing volume changes? I am getting it to work on pedal and envelope changes to volume. I had thought it showed the position of the pedal, so should also work when you only have the LFO on, with pedal control, but that's what seems to be off.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Thanks for checking the latest firmware. Good to know if fixes the preset saving.

The "pedal position indicator" on the editor doesn't show the pedal position. Instead, it shows the "volume position" when the volume effect is enabled. So it responds to pedal, but also fades, and ADSR if this is configured. That's why it won't respond if the volume effect is turned off.

I've checked the bypass on/off settings, and it looks like there is a bug. You are correct, it is not saving. We will investigate and fix it, and have it corrected in the next release. I'll post an updated firmware here for you to test before we make it official.
apossibleworld

Post by apossibleworld »

Thanks so much for looking in to these things. The Voluum and Wahoo are spectacularly cool pedals, and I almost don't want other people to find out so I can keep these sounds for myself!

By the way, when I save presets, that thing is still happening where it freezes the window to the pointer when choose the destination. It unfreezes when you click anywhere.

Thanks for explaining the volume display, I hadn't understood that right but it makes sense.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Please don't keep the pedals yo yourself! :D

On a preset that is causing this problem, can you please export a preset file (save a .voluum file from the editor) and post it here. I will see if I can reproduce saving it. It could be a particular setting in the file is causing a crash, or other problem. I would like to investigate it fully.
apossibleworld

Post by apossibleworld »

I said "almost" -- I have already recommended them to some friends!

This issue doesn't seem to affect functionality, because once you click once it goes back to normal. It's not a total crash... it just makes it as though you are moving the window on purpose... you can see it in the second video i posted.

Also it doesn't seem to be preset-specific. It happens every time (on any preset) you try to save it in a new location in the User banks. If you are just saving over the old destination, it does not do this. I even tried saving Factory 00 into User 10, and it does the same thing, so I don't think it's one of the settings that's causing it.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

OK, thanks for the explanation. I will investigate further.
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Here is an updated Voluum firmware that fixes "pedal effect enable" not being stored correctly in settings. The last two options ("On/Off(heel)" and "On/Off(toe)") would not be saved.

Please try it -- it should work now.
Attachments
Voluum_1_0103.sfu
Voluum Firmware Version 1.1.03
(88.05 KiB) Downloaded 668 times
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

This fix is now included in the latest official version, 1.2.0 (http://www.sonuus.com/software.html).

The OSX Editor bug described here is also fixed: after selecting the destination save preset, the window could be dragged around, even though the mouse button wasn't pressed.