Sonuus Wahoo - no response to pedal movement

For the Wahoo™ Dual-Analogue, Digitally-Controlled Wah/Filter Pedal

Moderators: johnmc, james

tonyb

Sonuus Wahoo - no response to pedal movement

Post by tonyb »

Hi,

I've got a similar problem with my Sonuus Wahoo to others described in the forum - I switched it on over the weekend and the pedal movement wasn't having any effect on the audio output. When I hooked up the pedal to my PC, in the editor I could see the pedal position wasn't moving on any of the presets.

I carried out the pedal calibration as described on page 32 of the manual (current version from http://www.sonuus.com/downloads.html) and this seemed to rectify the situation, except that when the pedal was at it's full "toe down" position, the pedal marker in the editor didn't quite make it to the corresponding end-point marker, rather only made it about 80-90% of the way there. The numerical pedal position in the display showed two obviously different values at the heel-down and toe-down positions.

Next time I powered up, the pedal had reverted to not responding to pedal position. I tried recalibrating again, this time the calibration had no effect and the numerical display was flickering around the same value 890-ish, and didn't move from this value throughout the travel of the pedal.

Any suggestions? Please let me know of any further tests or fixes I can try out at home.

Thanks,

Tony
tonyb

Re: Sonuus Wahoo - no response to pedal movement

Post by tonyb »

Quick follow-up to this - James sent me instructions on how I could fix this myself, and offered to do it himself if I preferred (I did).

I sent the pedal on Wednesday, James confirmed arrival on Thursday, fixed it and sent it back in time for fiddling with it over the weekend. Someone on another thread has said "Your customer support kicks butt" - amen to that!

Tony